Sign in to follow this  
tadone

G.SKILL Extreme Series (2 x 1GB) Overclocking

I was not able to get this to run at 250Mhz 1to1 on Prime95. I believe my 64/X2/4400 has some weak banks.

After reading everything I could stand to read, I went 235x11 (2585Mhz), and moved the timings to 2.5-3-3-7 1T 2.8v 235Mhz, and Primed for 12 hours. Got a 6207 3DMark05 score, which I'm happy about. http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1658716

I just got tired after a day of screwing around with the 250 1to1, 1T/2T, 3/4/4/8, etc.

Current Memory Settings (any suggestions to improve welcome, I feel a little bit ashamed after seeing some of your O/Cs):

TCL 2.5

TRCD 3

TRP 3

TRAS 7

TRC 13

TRFC 16

TRRD 3

TWR 3

TWTR 2

TRWT 3

TREF 200Mhz/3.9us

TWCL 1clk

2T disabled

Drv Strength Weak Drive

QFC Disabled

R/W Queue Bypass 8

DRAM I/F 128-bit

ECC Disabled

Unbuffered DIMMs enabled

32-byte Granularity 64 bytes

Bypass Max 7

DLL enabled

Max Async Lat 8ns

Read Preable 6ns

Idle Cycle Limit 16 cycles

Dyn Idle Counter disabled

MEMCLK 200 Mhz

I am now at 275 MHz, 3-4-4-8, and 2.71v, and its been about 5 hours of memtesting (full tests) - no errors.

*knocks on wood* - I hope to see all blue without any hint of red tomorrow morning before i head to work. :)

This is quite frustrating. I have the memory on all the most stable settings and it still can't go to 275. I've tried everything I can think of, but every combination gets errors in memtest at test 5 or sometimes 4. Am I going to have to go less than 1:1?

I just thought of something while writing this...I could try to physicaly switch the memory....I heard that can help sometimes. I'll go try that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you are using the oranage slots. Some active cooling to the modules will help (I have an SI-120 HS/F to cool my CPU, so that large 120mm fan also cools my memory).

And of course, try to turn up the voltage a bit. Mine is at 2.71v. Also, if you haven't done so already, relax your timing to 3-4-4-8.

These memory modules are garanteed at 250MHz, so anything above that is gravy. Try lowering the freq to 270 Mhz if all else fails.

My methodology is to decrease by 10 MHz and loop test 5. Then if all else is good, I'd increase by 5 MHz to see if I can find something inbetween.

I use whatever is stable from the last test (if it works 5 Mhz higher, I 'll go with it, if not, i fall back the same 5 MHz), then run a FULL test. If that fails, I turn up the voltage. If that fails, I lower another 5 MHz, and bring the voltage back to DFI's stock voltage (2.66v).

I currently use 2.66v as my low voltage, and 2.71v as my high. I probably won't go any higher because Samsungs seem to not respond to anything higer than 2.8v (and can sometimes react worse to the higher voltages).

So in this thread it appears people are getting about 40 Mhz difference between different sets of modules... ~260 to ~300... I have the same set and its looking like they will max around 263 (2.7v 3-4-4-8-1T: Had 2 errors after fours of memtest at 264, so I'm hoping 263 will be stable). Anyone messed around with any other settings (drive strength, etc)? I'm definitely not upset about the 263, but as always, would like to get it higher :) Just wondered if anyone had changed any other settings to to push this memory higher?

So in this thread it appears people are getting about 40 Mhz difference between different sets of modules... ~260 to ~300... I have the same set and its looking like they will max around 263 (2.7v 3-4-4-8-1T: Had 2 errors after fours of memtest at 264, so I'm hoping 263 will be stable). Anyone messed around with any other settings (drive strength, etc)? I'm definitely not upset about the 263, but as always, would like to get it higher :) Just wondered if anyone had changed any other settings to to push this memory higher?

I used this link as a guide to go from very loose timings to tight. I learned a few things there. http://www.vr-zone.com.sg/?i=3071

You might want to look at trying 2T and test that also.

Guest FZ1

Got mine today...passed testing on 250mhz (stock timings) and now trying 260mhz and so far they are golden. Here are 2 excellent threads on this mem...

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85269

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74524

woot!

OH, I went back to BIOS 623-3

Using 2.63v vdimm *DMM Measured*

I'll post a a64 screenie when it finishes testing here in a few...

Here are my results thus far... (I'm taking my time and wont be maxing my OC for another few days.)

Confirmed 32M, 3dMark, Memtest, and BF2 Game Stable. I'm pretty much a noob with all of the DRAM timings, so if you see any setting that I could tweak up a bit, please let me know.

2700mhz @ 1.45v

1:1 ratio with ram @ stock voltage. (2.66?)

2700mhz-1.jpg

Here is a Screenshot of my HZ modules. These settings are stable to 280 although my CPU isn't. I have since changed the Dram voltage and Tras. I have the voltage set at 2.53 and Tras at 7 and the modules have tested stable to 270. I have also set Tref to 100MHz 1.95us.

1111iq.th.jpg