Sign in to follow this  
yzrider088

SATA150 Raptor

hdtach9yw.jpg

This is my SATA150 Western Digital Raptor 10,000rpm disk test. It is only 93MB/sec. What is up with that, shouldnt it be running at the full 150 like in the graph? I have this hooked up to my nvidia sata slot on my motherboard. Thanks

My Raptors are in Raid0 but your numbers look very low to me. My avg read in Raid0 is 130.1 MB/s with HD Tach, peaking at almost 150 MB/s. The red bar in the graph for mine is 231.4MB/s.

You are wise to look for the cause for such bad performance, not that I know what a single Raptor would look like, but those numbers do look very low. Wish I could offer you some advice.

Well thats good that its normal for a single raptor, but im a retard and i analyzed the wrong drive LOL. That WD1200 is a 120GB 7200rpm drive, so here is the new one. If the other 1 is normal then I guess i am ok because this one is a little better ;) Thanks for your posts, sorry for mis-post of picture :(

hdtach20of.jpg

Well thats good that its normal for a single raptor, but im a retard and i analyzed the wrong drive LOL. That WD1200 is a 120GB 7200rpm drive, so here is the new one. If the other 1 is normal then I guess i am ok because this one is a little better ;) Thanks for your posts, sorry for mis-post of picture :(

I was really wondering if there was somthing wrong with my test as it seemed too fast. That looks better after the reviews.

hdtach9yw.jpg

This is my SATA150 Western Digital Raptor 10,000rpm disk test. It is only 93MB/sec. What is up with that, shouldnt it be running at the full 150 like in the graph? I have this hooked up to my nvidia sata slot on my motherboard. Thanks

Haha! You guys were fooled! a raptor getting 14ms access?:shake: