sandie temps

pshootr

The sandie in my sig @ 1.52vcore gives me 55c peaks at load. Is that outrageous? Or is that on par for these chips? I use a FreezerPro64 from Arctic cooling. And my IHS has been removed. Any chance that I am actually running more vcore than what bios/software display?

Also I am useing thermal compound, but it's not as5. It is 10% silver and has a conductivity of 7.5W/m-k and resistance of 0.06c in 2/W

55C doesnt look all that bad but I think its pretty much in the high zone. I maybe wrong. My sandy usually goes as high as 48C or so under extreme loading. I am using AS5 but I dont know for what extent it can matter. Also did u try lowering your voltage a bit. I'm running at 1.475, and works ok..!

55C doesn't look all that bad but I think its pretty much in the high zone. I maybe wrong. My sandy usually goes as high as 48C or so under extreme loading. I am using AS5 but I don't know for what extent it can matter. Also did u try lowering your voltage a bit. I'm running at 1.475, and works OK..!

Hmm maybe I can get by with a lower voltage, but I think I only raised it that high to get stable. I will do voltage tests again though, thanks.

BTW My temps came down the next day after mounting the cooler the the naked chip. About 3c lower 52c Load. It is also a little cooler in the house now though.

mine has never gone over 39 on full load at current specs. 55 does seem a bit high, but your are running your voltage a bit steep i think

Wow, 39c at load sweet :) I'm going to try lower voltage again, thanks.

I'm running my Opty146 on 1.525vcore to get 280x10. It's the same as a Sandy I believe, and mine is running 53c running prime95. I have had it up as far as 60c when pushing for 3Ghz.

I too have an AC freezer pro 64 with good ventilation.

At 2.52vcore I am now getting 53c also, it took a day but the temps went down a little. Cooler weather may be affecting this a little. We use the same cooler and at 1.52 we both have the same load temp cool.