motherboards ???

mrtell

I am new to DFI and am wanting to build a system based on the DFI motherboard.

Problem is I dont know the best motherboard to use, i intend to overclock, and the cost is not an issue, please help

WOW impressed with the responce

after a bit of research it looks as if the SLI-DR Expert is the one to get. coupled with an opteron 144 should be good. need some new mem and psu (best for this board) ANY suggestions

Sorry about the no-response. The Expert is a good choice if you have plenty of time. It is a truly optimized m/b. But it does have it's quirks that you'll have to work through. If you don't plan on SLi then the Ultra-D is a great choice for performance vs. price point.

WOW impressed with the responce

after a bit of research it looks as if the SLI-DR Expert is the one to get. coupled with an opteron 144 should be good. need some new mem and psu (best for this board) ANY suggestions

Not to be overly rude, but you say that after a bit of research you found the answer anyway, so there isn't really that big of a problem, is there?

There are lists on this forum (I suggest the search, I don't have links at hand, sorry) with recommended memory en PSU brands and models. As long as you stay on the A or recommended shortlist everything should go smoothly for you.

The expert has improved power control/management. It also has an improved layout re the nf4 chipset and pci slots. It shouyld clock slightly better.

All DFI boards are picky about PSU's and RAM. There are guides over in the Recommendations & Hot Deals forum for both RAM and PSU's.

Do yourself a big favor and stay with the recommended. It will make life easier for you on the build

Read this guide before you start the build. Its geared toward the Ultra D and SLI (not expert), but the concepts are valid.

Thank you for the advice, i will follow the link.

According to Trebaruna there is no need to have any new posting, just search all of the time!Nice.

DFI has a good rep has having the best user forum in the hardware world, Trebaruna does not help that rep!

I am new to this forum, still finding my way around so all the help i can get is good.

thank you