clear cmos jumper

Does everyone think the clear cmos jumper is placed very annoying, well it is in my case, placed between the first pci slot and the southbridge. argh, my fingers are too big to pull it out and change it's position, so for all the people who agree with me, I've found a new method, I used the 3-pin connector of an old fan and soldered it to a 3-pin switch which is used to switch a fan on/off, one like on the bios savior by the way. You solder the red wire on the middle pin of the switch and the yellow and black on the outer pins, than you pull of the jumper and carefully put the fan connector over the three pins, and tada, you can clear the cmos with a switch. How user-friendly, I wonder why DFI didn't think of that earlier.

That mod has been mentioned here many times.... but is very nice...I use the same setup but use an old "turbo" microswitch.... I can mod this on the front panel without having to reach behind the case....

Yeah sorry I just did a search and found out, oh well it was obvious someone else would have done it first, oh well I am planning to do something more crazy, I have a transparant case and just hate all the wires so I am planning to solder a 24-pin female connector to the rear of the mobo using the 24->20 pin converter, to connect the atx2.0 power cable on the back of the mobo. That would keep that ugly fat cable out of sight. :shake:

Yeah sorry I just did a search and found out, oh well it was obvious someone else would have done it first, oh well I am planning to do something more crazy, I have a transparant case and just hate all the wires so I am planning to solder a 24-pin female connector to the rear of the mobo using the 24->20 pin converter, to connect the atx2.0 power cable on the back of the mobo. That would keep that ugly fat cable out of sight. :shake:

Hmm, that would be not recommended

And also, completely NOT practical

Guest Blooz1

A simple way without any soldering is to just use a 3-pin fan extension cable. Plug the female end onto the board, jumper on the male end - done!

Works well - courtesy of soundx98!