2x1024 OCZ Plat max 220?

stanggt00

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree with flexkill - i had the sticks you gots too mate - I couldnt get mine to OC at all - consider yourself very lucky to get to 223Mhz! - saying that - you tried the other memory slots - that helped a tad for me.

Yeah, I tried the other memory slots. OCZ support recommended I flash the bios to 704-2BT along with manual settings for the ram. What do the dfi experts think about that?

I have been starting to think I shoulda went with PC4000. Too late now, lol.

Heres something to think about. Awhile back I bought some 1 gig Corsair on sale and got snookered by the AD. It stated I would get 2 2 2 5, so I jumped on it. Put it in my PC and it wouldn't work. It would only work with 2.5 2 2 5. Went back to the site and there in small print further down was a disclaimer, that the 2 2 2 5 was for Intel chips only and if you owned an AMD the memory would only work at 2.5 2 2 5.

I live in Canada and ordered these from the USA and it wasn't cost effective to ship them back. That experience will stay with me when I buy memory sticks.

Just something to think about.

Hey uncle, did you notice any difference with the 704-2BT bios as far as overclocking goes?

Yes I did, I went from 215 stock 2 3 2 5 to 230 2 3 2 5 .

Right now I'm running 245 at 200 so I can run it with out using the devider at 3 3 3 8. Still experimenting.

At 245 the way it is I can game without a hicup. At 250 I get a burp in gaming. So I really can't complain with this memory. By the way I can't seem to get 180 devider working, 200 or 166 is fine. Anyone having problems with the 180 devider?

stangg, i'm using a similar setup as you. thermalright xp90 and nexus fan. Once it gets cooking 100% for awhile it will get up to 46c. You are probably already doing this, but make sure you OC the cpu indepent from ram by turning divider all the way down. That way the limitations of your oczs won't interfere.

It is pretty well established that 1gb dimms won't OC as well, but that still doesn't account for not being able to run advertised timings.

I just flahsed to the 704-2BTA bios. I set all of the dram settings according to OCZ, and dropped the VID to 1.57V with 250x10 and a 9/10 divider. My temperature is staying at 38C with the occasional spike to 39C while running OCCT. I have not run memtest yet to check the ram at the new speed, but so far OCCT is 75% complete with these settings. If this passes OCCT as is, I may try upping the FSB some more (dropping the divder to 1/02) and see what this thing can do with the 704-2BTA bios.

well i'm in the same boat. I cant get my gear to post past 265 htt no matter what combination of dividers/voltages etc. Unless....i use the lowest divider (100)th with the 2x1gig ocz platinum. So it's currently running 10x300 (3ghz) timings are 2-3-3-5 1T ....but at 150mhz! lol

Btw, this will pass memtest for over 2 hours , no errors. And everything seems to run fine in windows, although prime 95 occt and super pi all fail in 25 seconds or less.

Looks like OCCT likes the new bios/settings and voltages. It did not like anything less than 1.62 for this speed before and ran 44-45C at load. Looks like I will be trying a new overclock with this bios.

Medz, drop the 2-3-3-5 timings and try 2.5-3-3-8. I also dont think your PSU is enough either. Check out the link I posted to OCZ's forums on the first page and try the settings they posted for me.

This business of the timing at 2 or 2.5 doesn't really mater does it . I thought I read that the Dfi boards don't like the halfs and round up to the next whole interger so 2.5 gets adjusted to 3 without you knowing, or that might have been for a different timing. In's in the forum somewhere.