Zalman CNPS7000b or XP-90 or XP-120

Guest dnsx_merged

im looking for a good cooler for a AMD 3700+ 939 San Diego that i will be purchasing soon. i need a good cooler that would keep this processor at very low temps. Im thinking about a Zalman CNPS7000B , XP-90 or SI-120. please give your suggestions and recommendations.

whats the best overall cooler for AMD Athlon socket 939 processors? especially for overclocking

what kind of fan do you use for the XP-90? how much of an overclock do u think i can get with the XP-90 on an AMD 3700+ socket 939 san diego?

i think i will go with the xp-90, what do you guys think of the xp-90c the copper version? i see a lot of good reviews on newegg about it getting amd64 cpus very low temps

do not get the xp-90c...weighs too much for a clip based solution and doesnt cool that much better.

Xp-90 is best bang for the buck....I always recommend the xp-120 because you can use a low db fan on it and it is so big it cools the entire motherboard, including the mosfets and RAM. But I have one so im biased....

is the xp-120 a lot bigger than the xp-90? it doesnt look like it on the pictures ive seen. is the price difference worth the upgrade from an xp-90 to an xp-120? or is the temperature differences not that big?

whats the difference between the SI-120 and the XP-120?

also whats a mosfet?

is the xp-120 a lot bigger than the xp-90? it doesnt look like it on the pictures ive seen. is the price difference worth the upgrade from an xp-90 to an xp-120? or is the temperature differences not that big?

also whats a mosfet?

It is MUCH bigger, as it can accomodate a 120mm fan instead of just the 90mm fan. It also hovers quite closely over the RAM sticks in the SLI-DR...so you cannot use DIMMS with large heatspreaders like the mushkin or the corsair pro.

The temp differences are not that large in terms of cpu cooling, but the xp-120 does a great job cooling the rest of your motherboard....especially the ram. Mosfets are power regulators that get very hot when you are juicing your cpu....they are the thingy's with the silver heatsinks on the dfi lanparty boards.