Cant add ram!

I tried to add 1 gig of the same ram to my 2x512mb sticks but it wont see it. Swapping slots does nothing. It will see 1 gig with only the gig stick. When I add a 512 it will only see the 512. When all 3 are in it only sees the 2 512's.

I just updated to a newer bios than stock(shown below), and that also did nothing. This is a DFI problem so you guys are the only hope for me fixing this.

Aslo cpuz and sandra see the ram in the slots but it does not show up in Windows or the bios.

Dave

Start from scratch. Clear CMOS for about 5 minutes. Insert all three dimms. Replace CMOS jumper to normal. Boot into bios and load optimised defaults, save and exit. I have never tried 1 X 1024 and 2 X 512, I have used 3 X 512 and 2 X 1024 and both were good at stock speeds. Try that and let me know what happens.

I cleared everything as you instructed and right now I am typing this on a stock setup. But it still shows 1 gig. And its from the 2 512's not the 1 gig. The 1 gig is fine on its own but it will not work if anything else is with it.

I feel like I got ripped off here. I bought the Lanparty because of its flexibility and now I cant even add addtional ram. Im not even talking about overclocking here just adding ram.

Is there a more recent bios that will work? Id hate to spend more money on crap and mnot know for sure if it will work.

Dave

My 3 X 512 was double ranked.

Only thing I can think of is to try setting the first 4 ram timings manually and see what happens. Disable Command Per clock. Then 3 3 8 3 and see if it will recognise all 3 sticks of ram.

Start from scratch. Clear CMOS for about 5 minutes. Insert all three dimms. Replace CMOS jumper to normal. Boot into bios and load optimised defaults, save and exit. I have never tried 1 X 1024 and 2 X 512, I have used 3 X 512 and 2 X 1024 and both were good at stock speeds. Try that and let me know what happens.
when i try to use three sticks i try a different aproch.

Start from scratch. Clear CMOS for about 5 minutes. Insert the 1 gig stick.Replace CMOS jumper to normal. Boot into bios and load optimised defaults, save and exit.then add the 2x512 and boot. you will have to use the settings of the slowest stick in setup

smolt's approach is a good one as well. Both the LP NF3's I have owned have taken everything I can throw at them. I have quite a few sticks of RAM around here, everything from infineon PC2700, BH5, TCCD that will run DDR620 on this board and some hynix stuff. Both boards run anything I have and I can mix and match till my hearts content. That being said I also don't like looking at the word "auto".

Well thanks for trying but after following your directions and many others, it just isnt gonna work. They are all Corsair Values only different sizes so I dont know what the deal is. All of the slots work, ive tested them all, but the combo doesnt want to co-exsist. And the command per clock was turned off and my timings are always manually set. Even at stock auto everything the results are the same.

I have managed to up the cpu overclock however with the single stick where before it wouldnt budge past 2400mhz. Ive got it stable to 2500 all night last night with heavy gaming and a battery of tests. And because I dont care anymore its now at 2600mhz but the temps are starting to get a little high so I dont know if i'll keep it here. I might just sell my 512 sticks and forget the whole upgrade and wait till I redo the whole computer next year.

Dave

I see, never buy value again. In any case I think the ram on the 1 gig is better than the 512 ones cause im getting a better overclock. 2600mhz wasnt stable and neither was 2550. But 2500mhz is stable so thats where im staying for now. I guess i'll just sell these 512's at a loss.

Dave

Finally got everything sorted out, well sorta. I never did get the different sizes of ram to work, no matter what it wasnt gonna happen. But I did get another stick of Corsair 1 gig and it works fine with the other gig in there.

The verdict is out! Bf2 runs great with 2 gigs! Lag is practically gone and my gameplay has improved from it. Settings are now all on high with 4xaa. After closing the game it no longer hangs there to slowly load the desktop again. Everything is so much quicker now. And the best thing is the new ram is working with my 2500mhz overclock. Awesome!

Bad new is that I have to sell my 512 sticks at a loss, but whatayagonnado?

Dave