Sign in to follow this  
Krohling

Temperatures: too high?

Are these temperatures ok/normal?

Right now reported by Smart Guardian:

CPU: 34ºC

PWM: 41-42ºC

Chipset: 47ºC

VGA is on lower PCIe slot (PCIe #4 @ x8)

I have a Cooler Master Aerogate II and shows internal case temperature of 34.5ºC. The sensor near the CPU @ the CPU socket shows 36ºC

Chipset fan was replaced with a copper Evercool VC-RE running at full speed, applied Arctic Silver 5.

The CPU cooler is a XP-90 with Tornado 92mm fan @5Volts (2400RPM)

The case is closed, its a Cooler Master Praetorian 732

One intake 120mm 1200RPM fan, and 2 outtake fans at the back, 80mm 2000RPM each.

When running games, etc, temps go higher. PWM go ~ +46ºC and Chipset +52ºC

I believe youll be fine with those temps, They are the same as mine. Only difference is mine stay same at load expect cpu will get up to 44c, I run my fans at a low rpm to eliminate some noise cpu 1k rpm pwm 1k rpm and chipset about 5k rpm. Pwm @ cpu rpms increase to approx. 2.5k rpm on load. I could keep it a lot cooler but it would be a lot louder so I think I found my happy place :)

You should be OK normal temps I would check the NF4 HS and make sure seated well as I have same and right now temp is 39C and never gos above 46C with dual primes running.

I was playing BF2 right now, and temps shown were:

CPU 37ºC

PWM 46ºC

Chipset 52ºC

seems kinda high (but i believe to be safe) on chipset for after market cooling and all, did you apply a proper amount of as5? what kinda rpms u running on it? (hsf) also have u increased your pwm and or chipset voltage?

CPU 37ºC

PWM 46ºC

Chipset 52ºC

perfectly acceptable under load conditions

to see how to reduce pwmic and chipset temps a bit, check the Modifications section ;)

Those temps sound about right. Mine are very similar, except my CPU goes from 32 at idle to about 45 under load. That's with the stock heatsink/fan.

My chipset is around 51 after some long BF2 sessions. I just popped a copper Vantek sink/fan on with some AS5, and am hoping after the paste cures, It'll knock it down a couple more degrees...

-Big Dan

I have applied and re-applied the thermal compound (AS 5), temperatures didn't change. Its well seated, really, I don't see anything else to change.

I was using a DFI NF4 Ultra-D and the temperatures were somewhat a little cooler, I think its maybe an onboard sensor variation. My case, VGA and CPU temperatures are the same reported with the "old" board (NF4 Ultra-D).

The chipset cooler is an Evercool VC-RE, running @ 5200-5300 RPM

I haven't increased the chipset/pwm voltage

Voltages reported by Smart Guardian:

CPU 1.39V

LDT 1.16V

ATX +5V = 5.08 ~ 5.1V

DRAM = 2.7V

ATX +12V = 12.03 ~ 12.09V

NB +1.5V = 1.48V

ATX +3.3V = 3.34 ~ 3.35V

VBAT +3V = 3.08V