Sign in to follow this  
Guest dnsx_merged

Deciding between LanParty UT boards

Guest dnsx

thanks for the SI-120 help and also thats an awesome rig u have there, anyways how much watts and what was the price for your seasonic power supply?

i was thinking pc3200 ram because 200 for ram is over my budget

Maybe others will disagree with me, but in my opinion it would be more well spent money to get really good RAM (that's a crucial part of a DFI system) than to aim at getting two 7800 at this moment. If your budget limits you why not wait before you head for the SLI option? Ok, you can the board, but wait before adding an second video-card.

By the way: PC3200 doesn't mean it's cheaper, it very much depends on how tight timings and of what quality they are.

Guest dnsx

well after a little bit of thinking i figured that out too, thats why i narrowed it down to 1 7800GT and the 2 gig G.Skill ram because it seems to be great ram with DFI boards.

well after a little bit of thinking i figured that out too, thats why i narrowed it down to 1 7800GT and the 2 gig G.Skill ram because it seems to be great ram with DFI boards.

I understand it might be confusing putting all information together, but so you don't miss out of some valuable information at this forum take a look at these threads:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24719

...and compare it with the findings in this one:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27875

I think you'll even be able to save some money for the future reading those threads. Good look and take your time!

Have you decided on a PSU yet?

Also, The Silverstone FM121 Fans (and the Nexus fans) are easily modded to mount on the XP/SI-120's without zip ties. Simply use a dremel or large file to cut each corner out to make it look like any other fan. :) I'm also hooking mine up to a 3.5" 6-channel Zalman fan controller instead of the stock one... (something you cant even do with a Zalman 7000! lol)...

Guest dnsx

i think im gonna get an ocz powerstream 520w because its highly recommended on this forum. and for kimtjik, i looked at those already and thats where i found the crucial ballistix but the G.Skill 2 gig is at a very good price so i think im just going to stick with purchasing those.

Have you decided on a PSU yet?

Also, The Silverstone FM121 Fans (and the Nexus fans) are easily modded to mount on the XP/SI-120's without zip ties. Simply use a dremel or large file to cut each corner out to make it look like any other fan. :) I'm also hooking mine up to a 3.5" 6-channel Zalman fan controller instead of the stock one... (something you cant even do with a Zalman 7000! lol)...

I purchased my Seasonic 600W here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817151025

But at the time, there was a $30 MIR.

BTW, do you have any pics of the modified FM121? I am not very hand, and am afraid to dremel it, lol.

Sign in to follow this