What temps should I be aiming for?

blesbok

Right now I am running stable(8+ hours of prime95) at 2860 (11x260) with the stock voltage. The temp during this time maxed at 47c with teh average at 44. I am currently testing it at 2970 (11x270) with a voltage of 1.56 (104%x1.5). It wasn't stable at 1.5 so I upped the voltage a little and I am testing it out. I think I will end up running it at around 265 to keep it stable, but I have my fingers crossed. So far, it looks like that average temps is right around 46c at full load. What I am wondering, is there going to be any adverse effects at this temp or do I just need to keep it under 50c? This is my first time OCing, so bear with me.

Sounds fine. Just keep it a few degrees away from 50 and you'll be cool. Remember, theres no guarantee how accurate the temperature probes. I like to keep it at about 45 max, just to be sure.

As far as how long your chip will last, its a bit of a guessing game. A64's haven't been about long enough to get any results. The likelyhood is it'll last 8 years instead of 10 (ie, nothing to worry about).

Sounds fine. Just keep it a few degrees away from 50 and you'll be cool. Remember, theres no guarantee how accurate the temperature probes. I like to keep it at about 45 max, just to be sure.

As far as how long your chip will last, its a bit of a guessing game. A64's haven't been about long enough to get any results. The likelyhood is it'll last 8 years instead of 10 (ie, nothing to worry about).

As long as it lasts for 2-3 it is fine by me.