Blue Screen while gaming

Very good information.

I will take this all into consideration. I never knew the NVidia Drivers did that. Definitely good to know.

I might just drop the OC down to 480/1250 to be safe and leave it there. The only reason I OC'd anything was to see high benches.

As long as I can keep my CPU OC, I'm content. haha

I'll still be able to run all BF2 settings on HIGH. If this works, which I believe it will, you won't hear a peep from me.

I truly appreciate all the input everyone has given here.

Yankee,

If (even after downclocking and retesting your card) you continue to get BSOD's in BF2. Open your Nvidia Adapter tab. Manually turn off antisotropic filtering and antialiasing (by default they are set to "application controlled")

Also change image settings from "quality" to "high performance" and see if that does the trick.

Alright, forgive my ignorance but where would I find the NVidia Adapter tab? And turning off AA and Antisotropic filtering... will that turn it off in Windows? Or are you telling me to turn that off in BF2? Because I have both ON in BF2.

And where would I find image settings?

Put your mouse in a blank spot on your desktop. Right click/properties/settings/advanced/ double click on the GeForce 7800GTX tool tab/ click on "performance and quality settings". You'll find everything I've mentioned right there. Good luck.

left click an open spot on desktop, click settings , then advanced. then click the nvidia 7800 tab. voila your into everything you need. all the settings you need are on the left hand corner that pops up, you cant miss them. the "Performance & Quality Settings" tab is where youd find the quality vs performance settings. AA and Antisotropic filtering are under the same tab. its not going to let you click anything untill you click the little box that says "Application controlled" towards the bottom.

Alright, I clocked my card at 485/1250 now and played BF2 for a few hours last night w/ no problems.

I have not ran the benches yet. I'll try to get around to that when I have the time... and patience.

I changed image settings to 'high performance' but left AA and Filtering on 'Application Controlled.'

I think changing the clock speed should help. I think I pushed it to its breaking point. I would start seeing artifacts after the card would heat up for a few hours.

So it was time to back it off a little.

I'll keep you guys posted.