Bad Memory or Bad Video Card or?

For the love of god someone please help me...

This is my first time building a system with a DFI motherboard and its got me pulling my hair out. I am having seemingly random BSODs freezing and crashing to desktop mostly during gaming. I can sometimes play for hours with no problems other times only for a few minutes.

After doing a little snooping through the forums here I thought I might be having problems with my memory (Corsair Value Select - stock timing) So I ran memtest for 12 hours with no errors then I ran Prime95 for 12 hours no errors.

Nothing seems to be getting too hot although I am concerned that the pcb of the video card is touching the fan shroud for the northbridge (although the fan still spins freely).

So anyway am I looking at a video card going bad here or could these problems still be traced to memory issues or something else I'm missing?

Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

Sounds like you're having a power issue. When playing games, the PC draws quite a lot of power as the CPU & ram are working hard, the GPU is working hard, and your HD's are working also, all drawing lots of power. Sometimes your PSU (if its not good) just cant consistantly supply the power needed, and your PC crashes.

Read this thread:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

It may not be the case, but seems the most likely cause to me

I'm not in front of the PC now but if memory serves... I traced the dumps to some ntskrnl errors and a few nv4disp - I have reloade the OS and even tried my old ide drives just for kicks with no change

Unfortunately most of my crashes 75% are either a hard lock so no event is generated or a crash to desktop 20% of the time and again no event generated.