Sign in to follow this  
Guest SaLadin_SS_merged

Opteron Vs X2

My 165 is at 2750 @ 1.485v, thats my 24x7 speed. Im sure if i put more juice through it i would see 2.9.

And to top it off i paid under $300 for it, to me that is a big savings for what is essentially the same thing.

My 165 is at 2750 @ 1.485v, thats my 24x7 speed. Im sure if i put more juice through it i would see 2.9.

Yes, your step is a VERY good one, as i report in another thread--->see the link in an above post

Guest SaLadin_SS

Are there any Opteron 165 0546 mpmw aound any more and is there a second choice stepping?

any one na any thing about this stepping?

CCBWE 0546MPMW

Have you read my previous post in this same thread??? Go to my link!

Guest SaLadin_SS

Yes i have reviewed that link but you seem to be refering to the 170 or 175?, i guess i failed to say 165 CCBWE 0546MPMW

Now are they the same stepping?

170 CCBWE 0546MPMW is the same as 1654 CCBWE 0546MPMW and 175 CBWE 0546MPMW???????

Thx for responding

Yes i have reviewed that link but you seem to be refering to the 170 or 175?, i guess i failed to say 165 CCBWE 0546MPMW

Now are they the same stepping?

170 CCBWE 0546MPMW is the same as 1654 CCBWE 0546MPMW and 175 CBWE 0546MPMW???????

Thx for responding

Of course...

got myself an opty 144 1.8gh

know basic overclocking but not much, lowered the LTD and raised the front side bus and now that opti 1.8 runs at 2.6 prime stable with no extra voltages anyware and just standard ram, temps = 49 when usuing prime and when idol = 28. Wait till i know my stuff with a better board and ram

Opteron 144 939 great cpu

some questions about the opteron 165....

all i have heard till now is compliments about the opty 165....OCs better.....better stability..etc....so, if the opteron is better in every way than the X2's y do people still go for X2's ??

the opterons must have some disadvantages right ???

and secondly, its obvious opteron OCs better,...but i heard that it generates much more heat, and burns like hell.....this true ?? cuz i am just relying on the heatsink and fan that comes with the processer, and the 2 120mm fans in my chosen casing ??? is this enough for achieving 3Ghz on the opteron 165 ???

if the opteron is better in every way than the X2's y do people still go for X2's ??

the opterons must have some disadvantages right ???

Opterons are not supported

X2's are officially supported

Some people don't care about getting super-massive overclocks and just want a good cpu, and the X2 is a good cpu whether for overclocking or not

and secondly, its obvious opteron OCs better

is it?

kind of a bold statement there...

but i heard that it generates much more heat, and burns like hell

not really...mine overclocks better at 275x10 with less voltage and less heat than my Venice does at 275x10...

cuz i am just relying on the heatsink and fan that comes with the processer, and the 2 120mm fans in my chosen casing ??? is this enough for achieving 3Ghz on the opteron 165 ???

no

better look into some aftermarket cooling like a Thermalright or Zalman cooler (or even some watercooling if you really want 3Ghz)

Sign in to follow this