Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milkshake_merged

Does my 3200+ love voltage?

There is bios option to set the temps at which the fans turn on. You can lower that to like 25C and then they will always run. I highly reccomend setting up MBM5 to monitor your temps. I suspect that you will have a very rude awakening when you prime that thing while running MBM5.

There is bios option to set the temps at which the fans turn on. You can lower that to like 25C and then they will always run. I highly reccomend setting up MBM5 to monitor your temps. I suspect that you will have a very rude awakening when you prime that thing while running MBM5.

I sure did. With my DAGF, it said load temp was anywhere from 0-17c. I considered upping the voltage to 1.85 and seeing where my overclock could go after seeing 17c priming at 1.65 volts. :rolleyes: :shake:

I considered upping the voltage to 1.85 and seeing where my overclock could go

This is where it would go.. ;)

Explosion.jpg

Guest FZ1

I think you're obsessed with fire and explosions THunDA! :P

Guest Milkshake

I know I said I lowered them to 25C but my fan stops a lot, I just want them constantly on regardless of temp. I dont think I'll have a rude awakening when priming with MBM5, I'm very confident with my setup. When actually feeling the air inside the case and the air that is being pushed out the back by my 120mm fan, its cold not hot, even during the 8 hour prime test I did it just got a little bit warmer, very little. And the stock fan on the cpu, when pushing air barely feels warm. A friend of mine said he also had a 3200+ venice that ran with really cool temps. Again, case airflow and room temp make a difference, but my venice runs at pretty nice temps as far as I know.

Ill try your mbm5 and show you the results.

Guest Milkshake

Here are my load temps, couple degrees off what I thought but still nice for stock cooler!

Load Temps right before I stopped prime95 (5 hours 21mins priming):

loadtemps9jj.th.jpg

Idle Temps, 10 seconds afterwards:

idletemps9rt.th.jpg

Guest Milkshake

now based on my temps, should I increase the voltage?

Confirm with Thunda that your MBM is set up properly. (I can't even begin to tell you how to do that, he has links to a great post on the subject)

I personally would not add any voltage, but as I said initially there is no right answer to that question. I would be very satisfied with a 600mhz OC and load temps of 39 on a stock HSF. I get those temps on my XP-90 so if your reading are accurate WAY TO GO!