Sign in to follow this  
wladek

[RESOLVED] Help! Karajan Sound Adapter Disappeared From System??

Hey all,

I ran into a really strange problem.. just build this system and sound was working ok, but then while I was running 3dmark i think, sound cut out. I rebooted and the sound adapter was gone (Control Panel->Sound says I have no sound device).. checked in device manager, but I can't find a device their either, just audio codecs and legacy audio drivers.

I reinstalled nForce and Realtek AC'97 drivers but I don't think it can find a device (unknown or otherwise). I'm really stumped.. it's like it's not even plugged in. Tried replugging in the sound module with no luck.

Help pleeeease! =)

-w

I am having a problem very similar to this. My motherboard is not recognizing the karajen sound thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Exact same thing happening to me. I just installed everything and was stressing my overclock and now no sound device. Even reformated and no sound device. what bios are you using im using the 702 beta.

Using the bios in my signature.. I was in the midst of OC'ing activities when it stopped working too.. think there's a connection?

-w

aussie33 and nablis...please set up your signature so we can better assess the situation.

And im just gunna throw the obvious out there...have you tried installing the drivers?

I reinstalled nForce and Realtek AC'97 drivers

Though I realize you're trying to help the other two too.

OK there's the signature and yes I've tried to reinstall the drivers many times. I'll add that this was after a motherboard swap. Everything else is working besides the sound.

ok there is my signature. yes tried loading drivers again. First it was working with nforce drivers, then I think I installed the realtek drivers over that I think, might of been what caused the problem.

installed both realtek and nvidia audio drivers Seperatley neither helped.

The driver isnt the problem windows doesnt recognize the sound device.

Tried loading optimized defaults in bios, ac97 is set to auto. Dont know what else it could be

Well I got tired of it and installed a sound blaster live, and when installing windows decided to find the onboard audio too. For the others, install a pci sound card and see if it gets windows to recognize it.

Don't want to buy another soundcard.. this sucks, just got the board a few weeks ago =/.

Tried all the latest chipset and audio drivers with no luck.

-w

Hmm... I'm building from an NF4 Expert now (and plan on using the Karajen as my permanent sound solution) - I am interested in the development of this issue.

Would be interested to hear what some of the DFI guru's have to say.. seem to be avoiding this subject. =/

-w