Irql_not_less_or_equal (bsod) :(

After 8 hours on TRIPLE Prime95, the system is working fine with only one module. Will leave it downloading during the weekend and when i come back on Sunday, i will put the other module in the same slot and redo the tests to see if it is defective.

After 8 hours on TRIPLE Prime95, the system is working fine with only one module. Will leave it downloading during the weekend and when i come back on Sunday, i will put the other module in the same slot and redo the tests to see if it is defective.

Well...I just had another BSOD... I was just browsing with Firefox (with azureus and mIRC running)... I thought a TRIPLE Prime95 would prove a system is stable. I am just out of things to do... I really don't want to reformat and reinstall windows.

Another thing to clarify... With the BSOD, i can hear the hard disks stop working... This is normal right?

I now put the second RAM module and took out the first one. Will do the same tests and see what happens. I am sure it will pass the burn-in of triple prime95 and then randomly will give me a BSOD...

I just ran TEST #5 of Memtest 3 times for 10 minutes each. (a friend told me it is the most demanding test, as told by an OCZ guy).

First, only 1 module

Second, only the other module

Third, both modules in dual channel mode

Passed test #5 in all 3 times... Over 10 passes each... So what can it be?

If you're trying to detect possible problems there's nothing better than an 8 hour run to be sure.

I just ran TEST #5 of Memtest 3 times for 10 minutes each. (a friend told me it is the most demanding test, as told by an OCZ guy).

First, only 1 module

Second, only the other module

Third, both modules in dual channel mode

Passed test #5 in all 3 times... Over 10 passes each... So what can it be?

Well...I just had another BSOD... I was just browsing with Firefox (with azureus and mIRC running)... I thought a TRIPLE Prime95 would prove a system is stable. I am just out of things to do... I really don't want to reformat and reinstall windows.

Another thing to clarify... With the BSOD, i can hear the hard disks stop working... This is normal right?

I now put the second RAM module and took out the first one. Will do the same tests and see what happens. I am sure it will pass the burn-in of triple prime95 and then randomly will give me a BSOD...

Triple? why are u running triple prime, do u have 3 cores?

Are u trying to run all three instances from one shortcut, that would cause prime to not work properly at all. Each instance needs to be setup seperately.

All u need is two, make sure u read angy's guide to setting up dual prime if you havent already.

Triple? why are u running triple prime, do u have 3 cores?

Are u trying to run all three instances from one shortcut, that would cause prime to not work properly at all. Each instance needs to be setup seperately.

All u need is two, make sure u read angy's guide to setting up dual prime if you havent already.

Well to tell you the truth, the 3rd one is just idling... But i wanted to be sure that no processing power is lost to any other task other than Prime. It is properly setup for dual core systems, running in 2 instances (well 3...).

It took me months to get my rig stable, I have experienced your IRQL blah blah symptom as well as many others. I am good now, was even able to do a minor oc to 2.5 and add another 2x512 corsair mem to my 2x512 ocz stuff.

The auto stuff did me no good, had to dial it in manually, this post helped the most, studied it for days. tREF seemed to be a critical setting for me.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823 see post #4

You can try the ocz forum, they should get you in the ballpark for bios settings.

Try to get the latest drivers for everything... nvidia, video, dvd, audio, everything.

Get at least the offical dfi mb firmware. Make sure your mem voltage is close to the max for your sticks if you are not stable, often that helps. If I repeated something from early on in you post, sorry I did not study it that close.

Good Luck

A guy that had problems with BSODs told me to try out a program called "Winternals Crash Analyzer Wizard" that is part of a pack called "Winternals Administrator's Pak". I just installed it and i am waiting for the next BSOD! :nod: :nod: :nod: . The program claims that it can find the driver that is causing the crashes... Well, we'll just have to wait...

I did an analysis with the crash analyzer on my last minidump from the last BSOD and it gave me the following results:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)

An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an

interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually

caused by drivers using improper addresses.

If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.

Arguments:

Arg1: 71a5df52, memory referenced

Arg2: 00000002, IRQL

Arg3: 00000008, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation

Arg4: 71a5df52, address which referenced memory