Sign in to follow this  
airman

Best Heatsink/fan

forget the other thread about best cooling, i've just decided to go with air. just post the best ones out there...THAT DON'T MOUNT ONTO THE MOBO WITH SCREWS!! my gigabyte doesn't have teh scr3wh0l3z.

g0 g0 g0

I'm not too familiar with peltiers...what do they do? do i need any other equiment other than the peltier and a heatsink/fan?

I'm not too familiar with peltiers...what do they do? do i need any other equiment other than the peltier and a heatsink/fan?

I got my peltier from thermaltake. There are many people that say this doesn't help, on the contrary I installed it in my p4 system and it dropped 10c degrees off my idle cpu temp. (from 39 to 29). However you still need to do something about venting out that hot air from the peltier. That is my problem now is that my system temp is 10 more degrees than my cpu temp. http://www.thermaltake.com/products/subzer...o/subzero4g.htm

the best is going to be the slk 800a it mounts on the socket pair it with a thermal take samrtfan 2 and thats going to be the best cooling you can get runns about 60 bucks

the thermal take pelt cooler is ok but if you overclock it doesnt work as well once you put more than 72watts form the cpu to the pelt it just heats the cpu more than cool. the pelt can only cool something lower rated watts than it . say got got a athlong that does 60watts the thermal take pelt cooler will work great now if you overclock the cpu and say get ti to 90 watts its going to make the effects of the pelt void as it cant cool anything that has a higher heat output wattage wise and the slk800 will beat its best temps any day

Edited by fanATIc1205

hmmm.. thats funny I oc'd my intel board i875pbz 4% over to 208 bus and from a 2.8 to a 2.93 with no extra heat problems stayed solid at 42c on full load and 29c idle. It runs great for me only giving me higher case temps. I love my Peltier :D

if your goin to get a peltier cooled by a heatsink and fan get the swiftech one, as it has a much higher rated pelt and the heatsink is far beyond anything thermaltake has. The thermaltake just makes using a peltier easier, even though it is not that great.

hmmm.. thats funny I oc'd my intel board i875pbz 4% over to 208 bus and from a 2.8 to a 2.93 with no extra heat problems stayed solid at 42c on full load and 29c idle. It runs great for me only giving me higher case temps. I love my Peltier :D

how many watts is the pelt . p4 put out a lot less watts than a ams cpu . basically if you use a pelt you want double of what the cpu output in watages is . the thermal take subzero works well if you keep the cpu wattage under 72 . but add some extra mhz and voltage its easyto get a athlon close to 90 watts