Sign in to follow this  
BookemDano

Help I am slipping

Please Help,

I am a newbie,

I will be building this system for use with gaming, Home Media, video capture and editing.

I Want To Start Out Stock And maybe "OC Later.

I need some input about what I have picked.:confused:

If you suggest something please give me some reason why rather that only because its what you chose.

All The reading I have been doing I have some concerns mostly on the following.:confused:

Memory Modules, Video Card, Hard Drive, OS Maybe CPU Cooler

Would I also Be better off with the ultra?

if youre goin to be running an ATI card, do you really have a need for an sli board?

you could get the DFI Ultra-D and be pretty set.

cz

Should work few ideas why pay so much for a 4000 when you can get a cheaper cpu and overclock it just as high. And if your getting All in wonder gfx card why not Media center05 OS.PCpower PSU is nice but I would get the Fortron Epsilon 700w psu with 4 12v rails of 15amp , 60amp on 12v rails that psu is cheaper and would be good for a long long time. But you have no really bad choices listed.

if youre goin to be running an ATI card, do you really have a need for an sli board?

you could get the DFI Ultra-D and be pretty set.

cz

Can you explain? What if later I went to sli? will the board accommodate both if I go with expert?

Should work few ideas why pay so much for a 4000 when you can get a cheaper cpu and overclock it just as high. And if your getting All in wonder gfx card why not Media center05 OS.PCpower PSU is nice but I would get the Fortron Epsilon 700w psu with 4 12v rails of 15amp , 60amp on 12v rails that psu is cheaper and would be good for a long long time. But you have no really bad choices listed.

So which chip?

Can I OC the 4000+?

What could I expect to see there?

Does the Fortron Epsilon 700w psu with 4 12v rails of 15amp , 60amp on 12v rails have an actve PFC?

Can you explain? What if later I went to sli? will the board accommodate both if I go with expert?

read in the "modifications" section about how to mod the ultra-d to the sli-d. It's a simple pencil mod. done it about 10 times,

cz

read in the "modifications" section about how to mod the ultra-d to the sli-d. It's a simple pencil mod. done it about 10 times,

cz

this coming from the guy with an SLI board in his sig running one video card! lol..

seriously though, if you might do SLI down the road, then get the SLI board. The mod works, but why do that when the SLI board is available?

The mod is for people who already have the non-SLI board and wish to go to SLI without buying a new motherboard. Counting on that as part of an initial purchase just seems silly to me...

So stick with the Expert board.

the reason i HAVE the SLI board is beause

A) i was too big a wimp the first time around to mod and

B) when i first built the system it used 2 6600gt's. Then i sold them for $300 because someone wanted to run 4 monitors. I bought the 7800gt with the $300

chad

Nvidia SLI board and a ATI card useless together

no this is absolutely untrue

please don't make such silly, useless statements as this

PC P&C 510 ASL (nVidia SLI Certified)

Only the ASL model has the 8-pin (+12V) EPS connector REQUIRED for the Expert

No bad choices there really you could save on the SLI but the extra SATA connectors would be nice.

I mould consider a X2 processor or a single opteron it is a cloce call though.

X2 because it can be better for video editing and the opteron because many overclock very well.

Sign in to follow this