Sign in to follow this  
jyoungst

Amd 3700+ san diago overclocks

this is a fourm for amd3700 stable overclocks im at 2750 i want to break 3 ghz and i want to run prime with no errs im useing geil ram will be upgrading to pc 4800

G.SKILL Extreme Series 1GB (2x512MB) to try to get a higher overclock i all ready out perform a fx 57 in sandra 13023 and 5752 in the arithmic test waht my gole is to

break 3.0 ghs and over 15000 in sandra

this is a fourm for amd3700 stable overclocks im at 2750 i want to break 3 ghz and i want to run prime with no errs im useing geil ram will be upgrading to pc 4800

G.SKILL Extreme Series 1GB (2x512MB) to try to get a higher overclock i all ready out perform a fx 57 in sandra 13023 and 5752 in the arithmic test waht my gole is to

break 3.0 ghs and over 15000 in sandra

v ram votage is 3.0 vcc 1.65 sometimes 1.7 chipset is 1.7 and runnin windows x64

i dont see a real gain in the x64 os from the reg xp pro ??

Your vcore is too high, I got 3.1ghz on my sandy with 1.6V on the core, and I had the SI-120 on it, you just have stock cooling.. thats pretty dangerous, id recommend you stick around 1.5v, thats what im doing.

Im running 2.9ghz @ 1.475V

You would need over 3.7ghz to get into 16000 sandra arithmetic score, heres mine @ 3.1ghz

thumb.JPG

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Your vcore is too high, I got 3.1ghz on my sandy with 1.6V on the core, and I had the SI-120 on it, you just have stock cooling.. thats pretty dangerous, id recommend you stick around 1.5v, thats what im doing.

Im running 2.9ghz @ 1.475V

You would need over 3.7ghz to get into 16000 sandra arithmetic score, heres mine @ 3.1ghz

thumb.JPG

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Nice overclock! Does that setup prime at 2.9?

Sure does :D

It primed at 3.1ghz aswell (9 hours overnight, then I stopped it) when i bumped the voltage to 1.675V

But I dont have the balls to run my computer at that voltage 24/7

ur vcore is too high for 2.7,@ guy who started this thread

and why switch to another ram with geil one, run a divider and up fsb til membus is back up to 245 or so, something like 270*11, 9/10 or so, 1.65 should run that if ur cpu goes that high

i need to put that heatsink on someday, need to be not so lazy, i cant get my cpu above 1.45 or else it breaks 50C

primed for 8hours then i stopped it

Sure does :D

It primed at 3.1ghz aswell (9 hours overnight, then I stopped it) when i bumped the voltage to 1.675V

But I dont have the balls to run my computer at that voltage 24/7

Man that is super! Congrats.

Man that is super! Congrats.

:D thanks, i got the "luck of the draw" for my sandy... lots of the latest sandy cores are overclocking very well :D