Sign in to follow this  
hajj_3

Help overclocking opteron 146 on Dfi EXPERT

need help overclocking my Opteron 146 CABNE on my dfi expert, im using a divider to see how far my cpu can go, will then see how far my ram can go and then choose the best overall overclock. hardware is in sig, using xp-90 heatsink

got it stable @ 2.75ghz with these settings:

dram 2.84v, 275fsb

3.0 ht

10x multiplier, 1.525v cpu,

1.3v ldt

1.59v chipset

140 divider (7/10)

ram timings on auto, everything else on default too.

computer froze after 2.8 with these settings after 4 hours of prime95

dram 2.84v, 280fsb

3.0 ht

10x multiplier, 1.525v cpu,

1.3v ldt

1.59v chipset

140 divider (7/10

it did the same yesterday, wont boot with 1.55v though, any suggestions, do ldt or chipset voltages need upping or lowering or any other settings?

temps are 41c cpu and 42c chipset under full load with prime95 @ 2.8.

First What PSU are you using not having enough juice could be causing the problem. And just curious, what's your cooling method, those are some good temps

yes, plus you should play with the other timings as well, try to find the timings that allows you to push your memory to the max, 1:1, and then you keep these timings, but you set a divider on the memory, to be sure that they dont stop you...

also, download A64tweaker and memtest for windows...so you can play in windows instead of bios, when you are finnished in windows just flip the timings over to bios manually...

//Markus

i tried with 3-4-4-8 and same thing happened, computer froze after 20 mins.

what settings should i change and to what?

ive got ldt @ 1.3v, default is 1.2v, not sure what it does at all, can someone explain what it is. hope someone can help me with some settings, was hoping the cpu would let me overclock it to 2.85 rather than 2.75. do i need a higher cpu voltage, im using 1.525, but with 1.55v it wont boot, do i need to use a 110% or something kind of voltage?

try searching on forums, and see if someone with the same mems have posted timings and such...

use them and work your way to the max stable freq.

dont think its anything to do with ram as im using a divider, the ram must only be running at 220 or something similar at 3-4-4-7. its most likely a setting to do with mobo or cpu that needs changing.

you have to consider the fact that you might have reached the limit of the cpu, looks like a good stepping...what week is it?

as for your volts, i wouldnt push too much higher to the cpu,.

have you tried upping the volts to the chipset?