Sign in to follow this  
ssR

stability problems at 250

im still tweaking it and if it wont go right ill go a little back but for now heres the question:

if the HTT/LDT is too high, can it cause instability problems? the thing is i left it at 5 all the time so basically i had a bus speed of 2400 when i hit the 250 and ive been having constant problems with OCCT for no particular reason. now i put it at 4. will that solve the problem?

another thing i wanted to ask. can i run other programs while running an OCCT or a prime95 test?

You should keep HTT/LDT at 1000mhz/2000mts or lower at all times.

Some NF4 chips can cope with 1100 or even perhaps more , but generally it's asking for trouble and instability when hypertransport bus is overclocked and it's no gain but all pain for the system.

General rule is FSB 200-250 : HT multiplier=4X , FSB 251-300: HT Multiplier=3X

You can of course run other apps when priming or OCCT , but really doesn't see the point

as all would crawl as turtles as prime/OCCT will take 90% ++ of the cpu .

if i keep the HTT/LDT at auto will it automatically change it so it stays under 2000? or should i change it manually?

to low a HTT can be as bad as to high if you went 260x3=780x2=1560 many apps crash with this setting.

Really ?

Never experienced that .

I currently run 264*3*11