Proposed new system

EvilWeasel

Well the following is what I have picked out for the new system but I'm new to building this type of machine. Therefore I wanted to ask the experts if I have forgotten anything or need to change any of the hardware. Thanks in advance..

AMD-compatible Motherboards

Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price

1 DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Model #:LP[uT]nF4 SLI-DR Exp

ATX Computer Cases

1 Thermaltake Tai-Chi VB5001SNA Black/ Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case with liquid cooling system - Retail

Model #:VB5001SNA

CD/DVD Burners (RW Drives)

1 NEC Black IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner Model ND-3550A - OEM

Model #:ND-3550A BK OEM

Floppy Drives

1 SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP - OEM

Model #:MPF920 Black

Internal Hard Drives

2 Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Model #:WD3200KS

Memory - System

1 OCZ Titanium 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ4002048ELDCTE-K - Retail

Model #:OCZ4002048ELDCTE-K

Power Supplies

1 OCZ OCZ600ADJSLI ATX12V 2.01, ATX, BTX, SATA, P4, and EPS12V 600W Power Supply - Retail

Model #:OCZ600ADJSLI

Processors

1 AMD Athlon 64 FX55 San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADAFX55BNBOX - Retail

Model #:ADAFX55BNBOX

** This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only.

Video Cards

2 BFG Tech BFGR78256GTCOD2 Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card bundled with Call of Duty 2 - Retail

Model #:BFGR78256GTCOD2

Might want to consider a sound card and especially an aftermarket heatsink, if you intend on overclocking. Otherwise looks like great compoonents, expensive (but sweet) case.

I Agree... Also you could save money and buy a Ultra-D and mod it to SLI :P...

SOund card I recommend isn't Creative. The M-AUdio REvolution 7.1 work sbetter than Creative I Think. Creatives seem 2 over priced. FOr a cooler I say Artic Freezer!

nice system you have there... but as mentioned, you should look into a decent aftermarket heatsink/fan combo to go with it. And if you plan to overclock, perhaps look at the PC4000 memory options (OCZ or Gskill). I would also go with the eVGA 7800GT's rather than BFG...

mind if I ask what you're paying total?

The system in my sig was about $2300 shipped, so I'm just curious.

nice system you have there... but as mentioned, you should look into a decent aftermarket heatsink/fan combo to go with it. And if you plan to overclock, perhaps look at the PC4000 memory options (OCZ or Gskill). I would also go with the eVGA 7800GT's rather than BFG...

mind if I ask what you're paying total?

The system in my sig was about $2300 shipped, so I'm just curious.

The total is going to come to $3000.00 the CPU will be water cooled it comes with the case. Have not ordered the part yet they are sitting in a shopping cart at Newegg. Starting looking about 8 weeks ago and wanted to get the suggestions of the people that have been there. Will look at the RAM you mentioned above as well. Thanks for the suggestions they are appreciated. I just want to do this right and not get in a hurry.

So the following would be a better memory for the system correct..

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 500 (PC 4000) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

Model #: F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ

Item #: N82E16820231021

Capacity 2GB (2 x 1GB)

Speed DDR 500 (PC 4000)

Cas Latency 3

Timing 3-4-4-8

Voltage 2.6V-2.8V

Umm Water Cooled??? Do they really give you that good of a temperature?

OCZ is to overrated... You should get a Enermax Liberty or Enermax Noisetakers. But then agian maybe not?? MY OCZ PSU died with a UPS in bout 4 months. I spent almost 220 on that thing. OCZ refuse warrenty even when I had a UPS. NEver happy wit OCZ PSU Since should have listened 2 friend who has nice Enermax Noise Taker.

So the following would be a better memory for the system correct..

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 500 (PC 4000) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

Model #: F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ

Item #: N82E16820231021

Capacity 2GB (2 x 1GB)

Speed DDR 500 (PC 4000)

Cas Latency 3

Timing 3-4-4-8

Voltage 2.6V-2.8V

yes. I've researched the 2gb solutions pretty intensely. The supposed "best" (OCZ EB or Ballistix Tracers) are not worth the extra $$. The Gskill HZ sticks are clocking very high consistently, and heck, you're guaranteed 250+ with the DDR500 ram! so yes, they are better IMO. I just ordered mine this morning! :D

GL!

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36949

On above thread I was reading it and I thought I could ask you this.

See Thread of Mine>

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37101

And a similar thread of mine

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36539

I am going to use a PCIE ATI AIW Card.

I have read I think I understand that with the expert board it has some improvements and I could either use A PCIE or SLI card?

Also I am struggling with the CPU Coolers.

I once had Zahlman CU 7700

Now I am on Zahlman CNPS9500

I see you and many others have gone to this Thermalright SI-120....

Does it really work best or is it the look?

Also I can't find anything about how you incorporate a fan into the Thermalright SI-120.

:confused: