FS: Opteron 148 CABNE0528GPMW

zeimbo

cabne.jpg

Up for grabs we have my AMD Opteron 148 CABNE0528GPMW 2.2ghz Cpu. I just ordered my 170 today so this baby must go in order to pay for it. Ive had this processor for a little over 2 monthes and I am the original purchaser. If youre reading this, you know that this processor needs no introduction or description really. I mean come on now, this is the king, the CABNE0528GPMW is the rarest/best stepping you can get for an Opteron. And with AMD discontinuing the sales of their 939pin Opty's, this baby is going to be nearly extinct here soon. Because Ive been burned in the past, I only guarantee this processor NOT to be DOA and to run at its rated speed of 2.2ghz. Any other warranty is through AMD and its partners. I will say that I have had this at 2.9ghz (290x10) 1:1 with my Patriot Tccd without a hiccup, and it would do 3.1ghz (310x10) 1:1 with it but it required more voltage (1.616ish) to get there, putting my temps higher than I like (low 50's aircooled). The IHS has NEVER been removed so its still under its full warranty. Now lets get down to business..

Questions: [email protected]

Payment: Paypal (preferred), Certified Money Orders and Bank Checks (must clear first)

(my account): l337_furniture

PRICE: SOLD- gg extreme lowballing nubs shipped USPS 1st class within the lower 48 (OEM, or $20 more for AMD HS&fan shipped with it) will ship internationally as well, quotes upon request.

If you think my price is high, feel free to offer up (lowballs are cool too) as the worst I can say is 'No'. However, these have been selling on Ebay for between $420-$480 PLUS shipping, so I just thought that Id put it out here if anyone was looking for one, before selling it on Ebay.

[space reserved for a pic]

Also for sale, my 1gb (2x512mb matched pair) of Patriot PC4800 Lifetime warranty ram. Red, ventilated heatspreaders designed to aid with air flow and cooling efficiency. These are genuine Tccd modules rated to run at DDR400 2-2-2-5 @2.6v or DDR600 2.5-4-4-8 @ 2.8v . Ive owned these for about 2 1/2 monthes now and couldnt be happier with them, unfortunately I need 2x1GB sticks to satisfy my rendering, gaming, aesthetic (tracer led), and everyday needs. They are warranted to run at DDR600 speed which means you can RMA them if they do not run at that speed, hence why i bought them. They retail for about $180ish plus tax plus shipping. Ive hit up to 312 (312x10 1:1 with my 148 CABNE0528) and they memtest all day and all night at that speed, but may be able to go higher. I didnt push them above that because i like to maintain 1:1 ratio and my cpu temps/voltage were higher than my liking. Unfortunately, do to the sensitive nature of the art of overclocking, I can only guarantee them NOT to be DOA and run at their rated speed. All other warranties are held through the manufacturer and must be dealt with through them.

Questions: [email protected]

Payment: Paypal (preferred), Certified Money Orders and Bank Checks (must clear first)

(my account): l337_furniture

PRICE: SOLD

If you think my price is high, feel free to offer up (lowballs are cool too) as the worst I can say is 'No'.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3ghz1.jpg

Like I said, I only guarantee the processor to run at its rated speed of 2.2ghz (200x11). If you dont know what this processor is capable of, then this auction probably isnt for you. My results are no guarantee of your results. Overclocking is an artform practiced by those with some of the best hardware/software available, I offer no overclocking guarantees. Ive sold many a bh-5 memory modules on Ebay and every customer has always been happy.

havent tried throwing any cold on there yet so id have no idea what this would hit. but they used an fx-57 (with the cabne stepping i believe) to hit 4ghz on a modded phase changer, so youd assume that it could get up there. no offers yet and if i dont hear anything by friday, im gonna throw it up on ebay along with the ram.

it calculates to 1.482 but i forget what it shows in the bios and what it shows in windows. ill look tonight but ive actually found more stability with 1.45v + 1.04% and i think the bios reads that as 1.48v. dunno if its my board or my psu, but ive adjusted the 12v from 11.90 ~ 12.18 and it almost always undervolts whatever the cpu setting is by 0.02 i think. i dont have as much time to tweak as id like because im usually working m-f 10am-8pm and sometimes saturdays too so when i get something working good, so i dont always tweak every little setting to get that extra 20 benchmark points. i mostly leave that to the person i sell my old parts to as there is usually something upgraded on my computer weekly hehe.

Guest flashystylez

Will you take 140 shipped on that ram, using priority mail and delivery confirmation? Paypal is available right now, and I am in need of some ram like that.

Guest tytlyf

In your cpuz screenshot it shows as socket 940, but everest shows 939? Something is weird there..

yea, cpu-z version 1.30 reads 939 opterons as socket 940, but version 1.31 reads them as socket 939. as you can tell, i havent gone to download the newest version quite yet hehe. up for the night. if no offers by saturday, it goes to ebay. ttt