Should I push further?

ATVkid

Okay, I got my 3700 (finally, after 2+ weeks of endless tuning) up to 2.8. I'm running 1.5-2-2-5, 1T. I'm running 1:1 right now, but should I push further? I found that my Geil ONE BH won't run faster than 255, but should I try to push the CPU further on a divider or not? I'm 9 hours of SP2004 stable, I scored 30 seconds flat on superPi, and benchmarks look pretty decent. I'm just wondering if I should bother pushing the chip futher or not, because I can do it, I'm just feeling comfortable with what I have now.

Thanks guys!

Push it till it begs for mercy. :D

just kidding.

What kind of voltage are you running through it? Temps?

I would adjust your cas latency to 2 instead of 1.5. From what i have read it doesnt give better performance, but instead less. But thats for you to test and try.

If you push it farther running a divider shouldnt hurt your performance at all.

Well, I'm idling around 30C, PWM's at 38, nF4's at 40. At load, CPU's around 42C, PWM is around 41, and nF4's around 40. Voltages? Vcore's at 1.59, LDT is at 1.17, Vdimm is at 3.55, Chipset at 1.52. All the rails are spot-on, calibrated with a digital multi.

well them temps are still in the safe zone.

Id consider Pushing a little however your need to use a different divider which will mean your have to hit 3ghz to get 250mhz on the ram.

Id maybe try this but keep watching the temps. If they increase too much id be happy with the OC u have which is mighty fine also. :nod:

i would save the settings and use it as daily usage since it's at 1:1 and stuff

but u should push it for a suicide shot to see how far it goes :), and i think the reason it doesnt go past 255 is because of the 1.5 CL.