Dying chipset fan?

When I take the stock fan off with another one I'll try to remember to take that pic for you. What do you guys think is the best online store to get the evercool VC-RE? It doesn't seem like newegg carries it.

You can get the VC-RE through Jab-Tech

http://www.jab-tech.com/Evercool-VC-RE-Twi...er-pr-2291.html

Also check out Angry_Games tutorial on replacing TIM on the chipset fan

http://www.angrygames.com/chipset_clean-1.htm

You follow the same procedure to replace the fan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Your other option is to RMA the entire board. But, then you'll just be getting the same, low quality fan, and will probably be dealing with this in another 3 months.

Well, you can RMA just the HSF if you want to. I would know I just bought myself the NF4 Ultra D for Christmas. While doing cable management I was putting sleeving on the chipset fan wires. When I cut the sleeving I accidentally cut the fan ground wire while I was at it. It is costing me $18.00 to replace it from DFI.

Had I known about the Evercool I would have bought it instead. Also, does the Vantec Iceberq 4 fit without modifications as well? I keep hearing people recommending these two and I am worried about clearance issues with the video card. I think I am going to buy a couple of either one anyhow since I am sure the stock cooler won't last.

My suggestion to anyone would be to not RMA your stock cooler and get one of these if they fit. The stock cooler isn't worth anywhere near eighteen dollars!

Well, you can RMA just the HSF if you want to. I would know I just bought myself the NF4 Ultra D for Christmas. While doing cable management I was putting sleeving on the chipset fan wires. When I cut the sleeving I accidentally cut the fan ground wire while I was at it. It is costing me $18.00 to replace it from DFI.

Had I known about the Evercool I would have bought it instead. Also, does the Vantec Iceberq 4 fit without modifications as well? I keep hearing people recommending these two and I am worried about clearance issues with the video card. I think I am going to buy a couple of either one anyhow since I am sure the stock cooler won't last.

My suggestion to anyone would be to not RMA your stock cooler and get one of these if they fit. The stock cooler isn't worth anywhere near eighteen dollars!

Same problem here too!

Does this Vantec fan fit?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835110103

Doesn't answer the question. I already have that Vantec lying around.

I did some searching through the forums and it seems that it does. Just don't get the Pro version as it does not fit. No matter though, I ordered the Evercool yesterday.

Do not order ANYTHING from EAGEPC.COM

They are a bunch of crooks. I ordered two of the -RE Evercools from them back around Thanksgiving of 2005. After two weeks I started to get nervous. No one answers the phone at the number given on their website. Repeated emails went unanswered until I reported the fraud to my credit card company and threatened to contact the Better Business Bureau. Approx. one week afterward I got an email from EAGEPC stating that their records indicated they shipped the fans via postal service bull crap! They did say they would be crediting my charge account but to date that still hasn't happened either.

Read their ratings on ResellerRatings.com and other posts here at the Street regarding EAGEPC. AVOID COMPLETELY!

Jab-Tech is outta stock again on the -RE. However they do have the -RF in stock. Can anyone confirm that the -RE and -RF are dimensionally the same and if the -RF will work as a suitable replacement?

Jab-Tech is outta stock again on the -RE. However they do have the -RF in stock. Can anyone confirm that the -RE and -RF are dimensionally the same and if the -RF will work as a suitable replacement?

As far as I've been able to find out the RE has LEDs and the RF does not. That is the only difference I have been able to find.

I did some searching through the forums and it seems that it does. Just don't get the Pro version as it does not fit. No matter though, I ordered the Evercool yesterday.

Thanks. I did some searching too. It seems that it will fit.