Can't overclock

tonyjones102

I'm trying to OC my 3200+ Venice. I've been following the 'Definitive Overclocking Guide' word for word, to find my max CPU speed.

I set the CPU/FSB multiplier to 10x,

the memory to 100mhz (1/02),

I've tried both 2.5x and 3x for the LDT/FSB,

and I've tried numerous voltages for the CPU between the suggested 1.6 and 1.65, aswell as lower voltages.

When I attempt to boot at the first interval (215mhz), the system will crash before booting into windows. It's seems to be the low LDT/FSB, as if I keep everything above the same, but set the ldt to Auto, I can boot into windows fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tony

I'm trying to OC my 3200+ Venice. I've been following the 'Definitive Overclocking Guide' word for word, to find my max CPU speed.

I set the CPU/FSB multiplier to 10x,

the memory to 100mhz (1/02),

I've tried both 2.5x and 3x for the LDT/FSB,

and I've tried numerous voltages for the CPU between the suggested 1.6 and 1.65, aswell as lower voltages.

When I attempt to boot at the first interval (215mhz), the system will crash before booting into windows. It's seems to be the low LDT/FSB, as if I keep everything above the same, but set the ldt to Auto, I can boot into windows fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tony

Hey tony, I have a similar setup, a 3200+ with corsair ram. I got some funky things going on with my board too maybe its the same deal, check it out:

So I set mine to 1/02 and can only get cpu to 220 fsb.

I can set the divider on 150 (3/4) or 166 (5/6) and can get 260 and higher fsb (tops of 275 for me).

My advice:

Try running a 3/4 divider and see if that helps, keep your voltage around 1.58 for now untill you hit a plateu with the divider at 3/4

Good luck,

J054

Thanks for that.

I set the divider to 3/4, the voltage to around 1.58 at the HTT to 260.

It booted fine at 2.6ghz and I'm doing the 32m SuperPi test now.

Thanks again,

Tony

Glad to hear that it worked :)