Sign in to follow this  
Stef@n

Bios 19/12/05

Hi Guys,

First of all i'm seriously loving this forum. Got a lot of help/info for setting up my rig. Running stable as a MF at 2,6 Ghz right now. Currently using the 11/7 bios.

As I was looking at beta-bios site I saw a bios dated 19/12/05. Is this a stable bios for my Opteron? Any experiences? What are the changes except "Opteron support"? What issues are resolved?

Thanx in advance!!

Hi,

I have got that bios and its the first I have used since this board is new..so far so good(I have had the bios a week and pc has been worked VERY hard with no stability problems)..memory dividers are as you say, only problem I have is with the temp sensor which tends to jump all over the place :-s, but as a system builder this is the most stable dfi board I have had, the last 2 systems I built for peeps using the nforce 4-d and -dr have been a complete knightmare!

Yeah one min the Temp is reading 28...the next 9 :-s, luckily I have my own probe. All though saying that the bios the board came with(sorry not sure which it was) was way worse at reading the temp it does still fluctuate with this later bios but not any where near as much.

As for overclocking with this bios I pass OCCT everytime no problems, one thing I have noticed with this bios its overvolts slightly and alot on the DRAM (set at 2.9 = 2.9/3v), the bios that came with the board undervolted...so keep an eye on your settings if you are going to usse this one.

Ok, I decided to try it. Flashed it and after rebooting set everything back (see sig). At first everything looked really great. The temp indication is a lot lower (idle 31C instead of 38C), but is still fluctuating. Ran the SuperPi 8M test. With the same setting knocked of 90 seconds! :nod: Prime looked stable (ran 3dmark simultaniously) en my pcmark05 is 50 points higher.

The funny thing was that everytime I rebooted, windows reported "new hardware found" (IDE driver). Tried to re-install the nforce-driver and got, just after selecting the driver, a spontanious reboot. So I got into safe mode and installed it there. After rebooting, checked the devicemanager. Now the "Networkbus enumerator" is acting up. Got into safemode again, installed netwerkdriver. Rebooting, now the netwerkadapter! Reinstalling in safemode didn't work, so I removed the networkadapter from the devicemanager. After this windows installed the driver properly and everything is working fine.

I don't know if this is normal but I never had this weird . after a bios flash. Maybe I just had to remove the malfunctioning devices from the devicemanager from the start. But who knows?

This biosversions looks real promising. I'll keep it!

:D Thats unlucky, the flash was trouble free for me, could be you had some problem with your motherboard drivers..a little corruption..pretty common.

But sounds like your sorted know :)

I did a test run and it boots up with my RAM at 1T instead of 2T with the 711 bios. Everything seemed to be running smoothly up until I went to re-enable my RAID array. After that I could not boot up unless I cleared the CMOS... well I guess it is a beta bios after all.

I was getting excited to have cool and quiet working for the first time as well... so now i'm back to the good old 711 bios.