Sign in to follow this  
airman

Best Cooling

I need some ideas...i have an athlon xp 2500 that i bought, and while installing the heatsink, i chipped one of the edges of the cpu die...and therefore raising my idle temperature to about 60 oC.

i need a good idea for a cheap...possible water cooling that will get my temp down about 10 to 15oC.

please...i don't like hurting my processor, so i need results!!!

you can ask me about that... i have done the same on my AMD. It was during the installation of a heavy waterblock. I guess i placed it ontop at an angle and chipped the edges/corners of the die. Kinda sux.

well, first of all, is water cooling worth it? <_<

as long as the cooling costs less than i spent on the proc, which was 95 bucks.

You beter get a new chip,cost of decent WC is way higher than the price of your 2500 :(

I know it's too late for that but always handle your chip as if it was the most sensible part of your body :rolleyes:

Edited by kobalt

for yours... 200-400mhz... depending on the quality of the w/c and your chip (which is chipped) .. so just do yourself a favor and buy air cooling.... use tornados and slk-800... costs up to $50

to get down to 15c youll need a 226watt pelt and some major big rad dual 120 to get rid of the heat or a small one and a water chiller. either way your looking at 500bucks or more

i was just saying that to get that low thats what you must have. now you can get load temps in say high 30's for around 200 bucks just not ever going to get it below ambiant with out a pelt or vapor chill