What brand of ram and how much?

EurYnomE

I don't think my sound needs any upgrading ;) ;).....

I have around 1300watts... this mobo came with 7.1 discrete out *an rca for each channel*

However, i've seen some onkyo and bose systems that have been pretty tempting, but for around 2500$ i think i'll stick with upgrading the computer... maybe raid.... BUT... i've heard that running raid doesn't help that much in reality? Has it been proven by any benchmarking yet?

Then you got good sound and it's not quite onboard. LOL

also, my friend has the amd x2 4200, and two raptor 75gig hd's in raid..... his aquamark scores and other scores are a bit lower then mine as of now.... also he has the 7800gtx and I only have the 7800gt.... I'm sure part of this is b/c he's running at stock timings.... but the duel cores aren't really supposed to be the best for gaming, just multitasking right??/ and i don't tend do multitask very often...

Maybe just upgrade to a faster single core?? i'm sure I could sell this 3500 for 150$ or around there.... maybe a little more?

Then, at 2gig of ram, with the 7800gt vid card, and a faster processor, i'd be pretty hot eh?

i meant onboard as in the sound card.... which really isn't "built in" to the motherboard, it just comes in the same box when you buy the ultra-d... it's called kajaran or something?? was a pain to get the right driver, but now it's working pretty well, and with my huge surround sound it is NICE..... my favorite part about it is that in battlefield2 when someone is shooting at me from behind, i actually hear it in the back of the room! *bam turn around and own the guy*