Sign in to follow this  
jid1877

Thinking about a new power supply

Or this one: Ultra / X-Finity / 600-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / SATA-Ready / SLI Ready / Blue / Power Supply

I have a Ultra / X-Connect / 500-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / MS-Blue / UV Clear Sides / Modular Power Supply that I had to give to my wife when I got the motherboard because it only had a 20 pin connector. I hated giving it up, I had just got it 3 months ago.

Aspire is pos ,the ultra xfinity is supposedly better than ultra but is still not recommeded see recommended list below. The list is of well known good psu's others may work just up to you if you want to take the risk.

Enermax all the WAY!

The ENERMAX Liberty ELT620AWT 620W Power Supply is awesome, or the Enermax Noisetaker 485W.

Aspire is "ok", OCZ I think is way to overrated...

:)

The only PSU's I recommend to clients are, from most expensive to least, PC Power and Cooling, OCZ, Enermax and Fortron.

I agree, but add Zippy to the top of the list.

Thanks for all your inputs. After going over the list of modular power supplys, I like the Hiper Type-R 580W Modular Power Supply best. Yes, I am into modular power supplies. I love the idea of not having the unused cables in the case if they don't have to be.

I would love your guys input on this.

I am going to ether get a power supply or another gig of CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 (PC 3200) memory this weekend. From all the post I have been reading, it's looking like I need the power supply first and the much need memory second.

Thanks for all your inputs. After going over the list of modular power supplys, I like the Hiper Type-R 580W Modular Power Supply best. Yes, I am into modular power supplies. I love the idea of not having the unused cables in the case if they don't have to be.

I would love your guys input on this.

Before you pay the premium for that, you may want to consider how many cables you actually won't use. Every one of my cables is being used somewhere, most people may have a spare hard drive cable but thats about it.

Sign in to follow this