Sign in to follow this  
BlackEyedBoy

How far can I pust the Voltage on TCCD?

I'm trying to push my GOS to run @ 300 2.5-4-4-7, I'm now still working on the memtest 5 and got my Vdimm @ 3.2V DDR580, pass only 13 time than fail, and on 3.1 voltage I can only pass the test once than fail, so to me giving more voltage did help but what I worried is are the voltage is too high or it is still okay if I add more on it!!! Need some suguess from all you expert!! thanks!!

IMPO youll never hit 300 on 2.gonna take 3 to do that. even if you pass test 5. test 8 will sure fail. and will never prime.

And the rest of your timings are what? I don't have to put more than 2.8 to my TCCD to get to 300. Tref has a great impact on stability as well as read preamble and max async. When I get to a point that starts to give me alot of trouble, I switch up and start going through the DRAM config page from bottom to top.

The timings CPDMF mentioned are very important when trying for high mem speeds.. Much more important then voltage..

IMO.. 3.2v is a little much.. I would try to stick around 2.7-2.9v.. maybe 3.v max as some tccd does like voltage.. but you really shouldnt need that much..

edit..

To find the optimal timings get the mem speed to where you get a few memtest errors and then start changing them one by one and keep doing this untill you work your way up to less errors..

Its a long process but the only way to find that sweet spot for the timings..

Also check out the overclocking database to get an idea where to go with the timings..

^^ What Thunda said. I wouldn't go past 2.85v for a daily setup using tccd myself, the GOS usually responds best around 2.60-2.75v on NF4 mb's so I can't see why it would be any different on yours.

Are you trying to run all 4x512Mb at once? Or are you doing 2x512Mb to start with?

Running 4x512Mb @ 300MHz may be too much for your memory controller.

Are you trying to run all 4x512Mb at once? Or are you doing 2x512Mb to start with?

Running 4x512Mb @ 300MHz may be too much for your memory controller.

duh !

I totally missed that .. :tooth:

TheFlowerKing is correct.. If your trying to run 4x512mb's at 300 thats way too high... A more realistic goal might be around 250-270mhz...

duh !

I totally missed that .. :tooth:

TheFlowerKing is correct.. If your trying to run 4x512mb's at 300 thats way too high... A more realistic goal might be around 250-270mhz...

LoL

AR...... I am running 4 x 512 at once!!! Maybe I really should stick around 2.8v and try messing round with the timing!!! Thank you masters!!!

I think you should work at getting 2x512Mb stable first, then you can look at getting all four sticks going at once.

All four sticks should be fairly similar since it's likely they're from the same batch, so if you work out the sweetspot for one set, the other "should" be about the same.

Finding the best settings for 2x512 is going to be quicker than 4x512 and will help you get a stable system quicker ;)

GOS is good stuff so try using these ram timings here.

Thats about as tight as you can get tccd so start off with 2.6v and see how far they go stable, then increase the vdimm and see if they will go faster.

You can do 2.5-"4"-3-"7" and the same settings if you want a cooler setup, I find 300MHz @ 2.5-3-3-5 needs 2.74v and 300MHz @ 2.5-4-3-7 needs only 2.6v.

The way I look at ram is that I want it to run as fast as possible, so I test with the tightest "sane" settings and see the maximums at those timings.

If I want more speed than those maximums then I look at making compromises in the timings, no use in giving away performance when you don't need to I say :D

But don't just pump 2.8v into them and try to get it stable from there lol.

You could be trying to run a marathon with a broken leg.