I was directed to ask YOUR assistance on makeing sure parts work

eldarie

This is my new rig (parts not yet ordered) (in my sig)

Well I was told this was an expert site to go and see if my parts would work with my suposidly picky dfi lan party ultra-d mobo... I'd really apretiate any help I can get... even if it is just a mere link to somewhere else...

thanks,

-gabe

hehe yeah... I didn't know crap about psu's tell someone on overclock.net kinda pointed me in the direction of the reasoning behind them... he ended his teaching with a holy bow down to the hiper R...

I am pretty stoked for it, my wattage need is not that high... But I researched this computer with three words in mind: quality, endurance and expansion...

and just looking at the picture makess you drool :)

• 5 weeks later...

I'm using the Hiper in a Pentium rig. It works fine. If it had the 8 pin power connector it would be sitting in my AMD setup. I didn't want to try the adapter. However, I'm going to buils another DFI expert based system & the Hiper is going into that.

It's only after Disabling External Caching and USB Memory Shadowing I can get it to work under load with my rig....Shame tho, it's a lovely LOOKING PSU!

Scrub that, it's now doing it every time I go into Add/Remove programs, even if I use Safe Mode and log in as Admin.

Just once, I wish I could USE my computer and not REPAIR it!

• 3 weeks later...

Scrub that, Hiper PSU not to blame...

I've replaced the Phillips DVD Roms for two NEC 4551A's (DVD Ram) and also rolled back the IDE drivers to the standard XP ones and I no longer get BSOD during high hard-disk usage.

I also swapped the DFI cables for Akasa, though not sure if this had much to do with it...from what I've read in other post's it was most likely the drivers.