Timings for OCZ6001024ELDCPE-K?

drvais

I keep getting those dreaded BSOD messages filled with DRIVERIRQL or simple IRQL errorsn (citing everything from win32k.sys to ntfs.sys) everytime I start WinXP.

After pouring through dozens of threads in this forum (and checking my memory with MemTest), I think that perhaps my memory timings need adjustment (OCZ's OCZ6001024ELDCPE-K - Retail). Currently, I am using the defaults of 2.4-4-4-10.

Could someone please suggest some timings for me to try out to make my system stable?

Thank you!

Are you trying to run the ram @ 300mhz ?

Just because the ram is spec'd to run at 300mhz doesnt mean the memory controller is up to the task..

edit..

drvais.. Please add your power supply brand and model to your sig..thx

I actually have this memory too and it's currently in for an RMA after I had what sounds like pretty similar problems as you. I couldn't get it stable anywhere near its rated speeds using two different boards (DFI Lanpary Ultra-D and MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI both), two different processors (3000+ Venice and 3800+ X2), and two different power supplies (Link Depot 550-watt and PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 510-watt SLI). Anyway, hopefully the RMA will solve the problem. You might have better luck asking this question in the OCZ support forums which you can get to via the OCZ website. Good luck :)

• 5 months later...

Man! I too had problems with this (check out all my threads - not many - most are on this issue)

However in the end for my set up the whole thing was goofed as the brand new video card was borked!

Also the guyus at OCZ posted timings for me too at bleedin' edge. just search on my handle....