I Love My Isp

AMDOCuser

this is mine i my isp is freserve, this is quite an accurate test by broadband modem is a 512kbps. something like 256kbps d/l i think. soz no pic.

419.4 kilobits per second

Communications

419.4 kilobits per second

How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet

Storage

51.2 kilobytes per second

The way data is measured on your hard drive and how file sharing and FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.

1MB file download

20 seconds

The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.

Rating

Compared to all connection types worldwide, yours is great

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

2.4 megabits per second

Run the test again Discuss in the forum

Details

Your raw speed was 2416519.17 bits per second which is the same as:

Communications

2.4 megabits per second

How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet

Storage

295 kilobytes per second

The way data is measured on your hard drive and how file sharing and FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.

1MB file download

3.5 seconds

The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.

I am soon changing from a 8.4Mbps/240k cable to a 2.5Mbps/640k up DSL connection. I wanted the better latency which I am not getting with my cable modem as the provider seems to think that the node in my area is not overcrowded. Gotta love it when the support doesn't want to listen to the customer.

Yea Ive been getting great connection with Road Runner with my 768k d/l / 256k u/l so I figured what the heck Ill buy a server and get 3 mps D/l (which I dont care about) / and 768k U/L.

I wonder how many players I can cram in on a dc server with half a T1 upload...

• 2 weeks later...

What you dont unserstand is that that is like the first 3 sec. of a DL. It starts skyhigh but then plumets to around 200-500kbps.

I got like 5 Mbps on one of those tests and all i get normally is 3 Mbps (its capped at 3)