Sign in to follow this  
GuOD

How safe is this? x2 4400+

well i tried downloading smartguardian and i noticed as soon as it runs.. my fans get louder =

up1de.jpg

With this I have.. SG running, rear tricool on medium, top tricool on low, intake is 120mm nexus silence fan. i seem to hover around 50c load.. and it's still under 1.4v.. really strange. I just redid the AS5 and made sure it's nearly fully covered (to be safe) and I blew all dust out of my 7000alcu fan blades

well i tried downloading smartguardian and i noticed as soon as it runs.. my fans get louder =

Smartguardian is not just for monitoring. If you go to Option it has threshholds for fan speeds. They are usually stricter than the threshholds in the BIOS, so it will be louder unless you alter them.

Smartguardian is not just for monitoring. If you go to Option it has threshholds for fan speeds. They are usually stricter than the threshholds in the BIOS, so it will be louder unless you alter them.

Ah yes, I figured that much out - but when I exited the program the fans continued to spin at that speed.. and I didn't see a smartguardian process running.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll see if I can tinker around a bit more and maybe see if the CPUs can go a bit higher :shake: :angel: :D

I use SG to control my fans, it has some nice options for fan control. I like how I have it setup over what it does without it.

It seems that by default the fans will spin in low mode then hit a certain temp then rev to max rpms. But with SG setup you can adjust it over a broad range, so that as it heats up the fans slowly speed up and mantain a temp.

In other words before,.... when playing a game or something that brought temps up you would hear the chipset fan going quiet, then WRRRR!! then quiet, like trurning a hairdryer to high, then low then high back and forth. Then with SG on, with every degree it goes up it slowly raises the rpms so you really dont notice a drastic noise change.

My 3800 with a Zalman 9500 primes in the 30's until I hit 1.55v+ at 1.625v I hit 42c (my highest reading yet.)

I would say its case flow also, but look at your pwmic temp, its not that high, chipset isnt exactly low but its acceptable. Even with good case flow, with higher volts my pwmic was in the 50s and I strapped the stock 3800 fan to it, then it dropped to the 40s.

I agree with the other people with trying to reseat your HSF, make sure to clean it good before putting more AS5 on there.

Thanks for the advice - my xp-90 is only a few days away (hopefully) and then I'll reseat and repaste it all from scratch.

My chipset fan is now driving me nuts though and I want to replace it hehe. I searched and saw that Evercool VR-CE is a good replacement( I think that's what it's called?) but I was wondering if it would fit under SLI GTX cards? the stock one barely fits under the 1 gtx (it may even be touching) but if I added another one, I'm worired that evercool thing won't fit?

Also, how easy is it to replace the chipset fan? is it just like a regular heatsink?

Thanks!

Thanks, I've been using AS5

I just cranked up my case fans to medium and ran for about 20mins, it capped off at 57c with both cores having no problems. only 1.39 volts too.

I don't think it's gonna get any cooler than this unfortunately. looks like I got a good chip, just that my cooling is inadequate, i'll probably have to get a better 92mm fan for my xp=90, does anyone have any recommendations? hopefully one that isnt too loud while idling!

Get a Zalman 9500, got my temps at 29c idle and 46c full load @ 1.62v

Just for compare

Running BOINC for days /rosetta/seti/predictor and my temps

at full load are 45c and idle is at 32c Voltage is 1.39 and I am

clocked at 2.64 11x240. The xp90c is really good! :)

Z