DFI-Street & Review-Street sig/avatar/graphics contest!

Angry_Games

im going to let this thread keep going until i feel like there are a lot of good entries then we'll make a new thread and everyone that wants to enter will throw in their best entries and we'll go from there

this contest is still very much open as I still don't see anything that I really am interested in yet =/

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So would you like me to change it so the street sign is on the left? Anything specific on "refining" it?

I have nothing to do right now, and so I have some time I believe. ;)

but I like the street-sign on the left and such

Wait, did you mean to type you like it on the right? or do you mean you would want it on the left... thats what I was saying.... i think :confused:

**added reddish image**

reddish.jpg

I can do something like that too... if that's what you are looking for.

Think needs work, is this remotely what you are looking for AG?

attachment.php?attachmentid=3406&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=3407&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=3409&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=3410&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=3411&stc=1

Comments: Seems alright, needs to fix some stuff, please let me know what or how. The black sceme needs a fix, I can mirror, and transparent it later, to blend in.

1) Also quick question on how judging etc will occur. A poll would suffice, however for multiple submissions on the same catagory, by the same author, would skew his results due to the variability of each persons taste, in english, If someone likes Example A the best, but Example B, they think is more appropriate, and both are from the same author, instead of that author getting a vote, he will compete agaisnt himself. A more realistic situation, is if 2 democrats and a republican run, the 2 democrats will skew each others votes, while the republican will most likely win, because all republicans will vote for him.

An idea would be to vote first by author, seperate on each catagory, then vote the best from the author?

2) Is the wallpaper in the contest too? I made 2 wallpapers up to know.

br1229 great render, although you suffer from the same problem I do, we like shiny :), but its hard to read, transperant rectangle on front, where its specs specs specs,

Ace: I did place holders myself, in the begining, but then alot of people started posting, I guess we organize in the end?

Also Ace I didint get the High Res DFI pics, can you send them again? Thx.

Here's an idea I came up with... pretty much the same, but what can I say, I found some stuff to do! :nod:

Untitled-7%20copy.jpg

also, I can blend the letter "a" dude in, like

mastav_wall_street_sign%20copy.jpg

so it looks sorta like it belongs on the sign.

And for review-st

Untitled-6%20copy.jpg

Oh yes, I forgot to add that obviously these arent the full size images...I resized them for easier viewing pleasure.. :P

One more edit... jeeze!

I think we should have a poll like:

Best DFI Street Sign

Best Review Street Sign

Best Avatar

Best Sig

Yes, problem is I have 3 wallpapers, that would face each other lolzz, so I would compete vs myself, skewing my votes. While doing that makes sense, thats the only problem I see. Its logical to put them vs each other regardless, but I think what I mean makes sense?

So would you like me to change it so the street sign is on the left? Anything specific on "refining" it?

I have nothing to do right now, and so I have some time I believe. ;)

Wait, did you mean to type you like it on the right? or do you mean you would want it on the left... thats what I was saying.... i think :confused:

**added reddish image**

reddish.jpg

I can do something like that too... if that's what you are looking for.

haha typo on my part...i like it on the right side (or reverse it i suppose and put it on the left, no big deal)

but it needs some space in the middle for advertisements/banners