DFI Mainboards eating CPUS?

Question:

Were these CPU's ever tested by yourself or your shop, as being good prior to installing in the DFI N4? :confused:

A S939 Opteron Processor is a good CPU i do not understand where you see the Problem. The Shop told me that this CPU have to work with normal S939 Boards.....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David was just wondering if you knew for sure that cpu was good before install. As anything made maybe bad I sure would not put another cpu in till I rma'd the board to make sure it was good and would test psu also before I tried again thats for sure. Infact my first thing would be to make sure all wires on spu were in the right place as I.ve seen to many with wires miss placed.

While not very probable, it is possible that both processors were DOA.

Before you put another processor on that motherboard you should make sure it works in another rig.

There is no official support from DFI for the Opteron series.

A S939 Opteron Processor is a good CPU i do not understand where you see the Problem. The Shop told me that this CPU have to work with normal S939 Boards.....

lowboy: There is only one way you can insert the CPU with using your brain so i think i did it right.

ExRoadie: No Offical Support? My Shop told me this CPU should work on every S939 mainboard... maybe a Bios Update could help?

Thanks all for your answers

lowboy: There is only one way you can insert the CPU with using your brain so i think i did it right.

ExRoadie: No Offical Support? My Shop told me this CPU should work on every S939 mainboard... maybe a Bios Update could help?

Thanks all for your answers

AMD have told all makers of non workstation motherboards not to officially support Opterons.

which bios were you using?

Don't use 704-2b or 704-2bt.

704-2bta is fixed. All other Bios'es (including the official ones) don't have problem.

If your shop wants to support the processor that's up to them. There is no official DFI support for the Opteron processors on desktop motherboards.

which bios were you using?

Don't use 704-2b or 704-2bt.

704-2bta is fixed. All other Bios'es (including the official ones) don't have problem.

Thanks for your answer.

Is there a way to see the Bios Version without booting up the system?

I hear all the time opterons not supported .

Was looking for one myself but there was 30-60 days order/delivery time where I live so the new cpu for my rebuild became a 4000+ instead.

Anyway how do you explain opteron supported BIOS made for NF3 Ultra-d 12.19.2005

and at the same time denies it shall/will be supported for NF4.

Whats the definition of a workstation board anyway .

On my work all workstations are either laptops or regular ordinary x86 pc's.

Opteron bios for Nf3 Ultra-d ??

operonnf34pb.th.jpg

I know now some may say this is a beta .

But betas are not made just for fun is it . Betas go public after testing is finished

and eventual needed ajustments are made.

Aren't the eXperts's eating all CPU's, however? Not to say all CPU's are eaten, but aren't they not discriminating? Anyway... What's the deal here? Are these boards still eating chips, and how long can we run our systems before they do eat them? What is the normal time it takes for a CPU to die?

And why was this a problem in the first place? :(