LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR EXPERT PROBLEMS

Hi all i am new to your forum, i have just swapped from an Asus A8N SLI Premium motherboard to a DFI LanpartyUT nF4 SLI-DR EXPERT and i am having some real problems getting things going!!!!!

First off i only put 1 stick of RAM in the Orange slot farthest away from the CPU (DIMM2)

This gets me to the BIOS where i enabled RAID, then when i reboot i can get as far as the Windows XP load screen wit the blue load line going across and about half way through this process it restarts itself never getting any further than this?

Has anybody got any ideas?

Hello :)

Make sure that all 3 power connectors are securely installed - 24-pin, 8-pin and the FDD power connector near the mem slots.

There are some issues with the X-Fi card so you may wish to remove that while the OS is being installed.... there is a recent thread on this subject which indicates which slot to best use.

At F6 load up the nVidia RAID drivers (2 drivers required) - note the nVidia controller is faster than the Sillicon.

Use the 6.70 CHipset drivers once the OS is installed - do not install the Firewall SW and some also recommend not to install the IDE driver as well.

Use nVidia GPU 81.95 drivers and make sure BIOS is set for SLI operation.

TCCD needs to be initially set up with some DRAM drive / data strength settings to get started esp. with dual modules.

Have a look here for a good working example...

A very nice rig you have there and it will scream once you get it settled.

USe MBM5 for temps / volts check - see link in Sig

GL

I finally got my Rig up and running but i can only see 1 GTX card i think i have enabled SLI in the BIOS it says dual 6600GT enabled?

Also i have put the Nvidia driver on as per the previous thread?

also i have some driver issues see pic

<a href=problems4vk.th.jpg' alt='problems4vk.th.

Guest Crusader

That's NOT the right way to turn on SLI.

DO NOT ENABLE that "Dual 6600GT" setting in the BIOS. Turn it OFF, disable it. This setting is only meant for a quite exotic videocard made by Asus I believe that has 2 GPU cores on ONE videocard.

Your situation is different; you are the lucky owner of 2 GTX videocards.

still can't see both my GTX cards in the BIOS if i enable 8-4-NC-8 it goes to the windows load screen and then the screen turns itself off but the PC is still running?

Can i have damaged my cards by enabling that 6600GT stetting?

I'm having the same problem you are...screen goes blank after windows loads...monitor doesn't turn off though. Your cards are fine, I did the same until I read the manual. Both off my cards work but SLI is a no-go.

EDIT: Do you have 512MB GTX's??

You definately HAVE to load the chipset drivers for SLI to work. The NVidia website has the 6.70's, which is the newest version.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_wi...2_amd_6.70.html

(link to the 6.70's at NVidia)

Shawn

edit: Unzip and delete the two audio folders fom the install package before you install them. I'm not sure if you have to do this to make sure the audio portion does not get installed, but better safe than sorry.

I'm having the same problem you are...screen goes blank after windows loads...monitor doesn't turn off though. Your cards are fine, I did the same until I read the manual. Both off my cards work but SLI is a no-go.

EDIT: Do you have 512MB GTX's??

I installed the drivers and now i can see both cards

• 2 weeks later...

I recently reinstalled Windows XP on my 250GB hard drive and did not put anything on my 2 raptors (they are connected within my Rig)

Is it possible to install XP on them in RAID 0 then when i turn my rig on go into the BIOS and change the boot order to the raptors when i want to do some benching or play games and then when I'm done go back in the BIOS change the boot order and run my 250GB hard drive for all normal use?

i am assuming this is possible so I have disconnected my main hard drive and am putting widows on my 2 raptors but when i get to the F6 screen i press F6 and it does nothing any ideas?