Which DFI nforce 4 would u recommend

turok_t

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorrento,

Think u had the worst luck i've ever seen with any mobo anywhere :rolleyes: with the neo2.

Luck.

LOL, well you might be right. Although I have used succesfully all the brands I mentioned, specially an Abit NF7-S with a Mobile 2600+ at 2.7 ghz and this DFI NF4 SLI-DR with a 3700+ at 2.9 ghz... and all the Neo2's in between. Could have been bad luck, but from just the people I know both in Mexico and in the US it was not bad luck but a bad manufacture and list of components.

Perhaps the other users that didn't had all these problems were the lucky ones, after using this DFI and what good components can do... indeed these other MSI users were lucky :rolleyes:

As for the Ultra D being Sata 2 capable... now it really sounds like the one I should get, forget about the Asus A8N SLI and its "variable vcore"... its like the zigzag line in one of those hospital machines that measure heart beats, no wonder Asus mobos aren't good overclockers.

I have to make the same choice as you! what dfi mobo should I buy? i want a sli one, and i will clock! whats the biggest differenses between expert and the others?

whats the differenses between:

DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR

DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR

what does the "UT" stands for?

what does the "UT" stands for?

Who knows! At the beggining I thought it meant Unreal Tournament, lol :rolleyes:

What I can tell you is that the DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR is more expensive than the DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR, and only diference is a 5.25" bay panel that has the same control led lights as the motherboard and also the digital output from the Karajan sound.

I think both of these two are identical, except for the gadgets one has that the other doesn't... I have the DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR and I am very pleased by its performance and its overclocking abilities.

Also the DR stands for SATA2? Not sure about it, but this makes the motherboard more expensive, thats the only thing I know.

The Expert board has a new design with 3 PCI slots and two PCIe 1X slots between the two PCIe 8X ones, making it posible to install new cooling solutions to the video cards even in SLI mode. There are other diferences in design, something about the PWM and also the new BIOS control for SLI (8x 8x) or non SLI (16x 1x) which no longer requires a switch. This board still has some bugs, but from how it looks it will be a better motherboard and better overclocker than the previous DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR, but not yet :)

Aparently yes, the MCW55 on a video card would only block a PCI/PCIe slot right below the video card... and the straight fittings wouldn't be a problem either.

This picture with the Asus A8N SLI ilustrates this, not on the two PCIe large slots but actually if you notice the second video card: the MCW55 only blocks one PCI slot below (A8N SLI has 3 PCI slots), and two PCI cards can be installed with some clearance with the second MCW55.

mcw555.gif

Also it is clear how the PCIe 1X on top of the second card would also be clear from the first MCW55 on the top card... if it was longer it would still be available.

Check out the specs closer before buying any waterblock. Good luck

ok guys i have decided.. im going to get the DFI SLI-D.... and a single 7800GTX 256MB for now.......

1)Which 7800GTX would u recommend? I want something that has high ocing potential. Im going to be using a waterblock

2)I hope the mobo is a good choice.. still kinda scared that im making the wrong choice...

1)Which 7800GTX would u recommend? I want something that has high ocing potential. Im going to be using a waterblock

In theory XFX is the brand to get, then eVGA... and then the rest. I would choose XFX this time, I already know eVGA and they are good. Take into consideration buying the factory overclocked video cards, they cost more of course but if their GPU's can overclock that amount from factory then it is probable they will overclock more, this after reading a lot about video cards that aren't good overclockers.

2)I hope the mobo is a good choice.. still kinda scared that im making the wrong choice...

DFI SLI-D is a good choice, but the truth is any DFI motherboard is the best choice I know of. I have used several brands, and they all were great but the truth is I haven't heard a complaint about a DFI motherboard from people near me... and I did hear complaints about Abit IC7-Max3, Asus P4P800 Deluxe and MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum, yet nobody over here says one thing bad about their DFI.

I am not exagerating, if you know Spanish go check this forum: LINK

Good luck

PS: Posting the OCMexico link is quite an exageration, hehe but I am amazed how everyone there loves this brand :tooth:

In theory XFX is the brand to get' date=' then eVGA... and then the rest. I would choose XFX this time, I already know eVGA and they are good. Take into consideration buying the factory overclocked video cards, they cost more of course but if their GPU's can overclock that amount from factory then it is probable they will overclock more, this after reading a lot about video cards that aren't good overclockers.

DFI SLI-D is a good choice, but the truth is any DFI motherboard is the best choice I know of. I have used several brands, and they all were great but the truth is I haven't heard a complaint about a DFI motherboard from people near me... and I did hear complaints about Abit IC7-Max3, Asus P4P800 Deluxe and MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum, yet nobody over here says one thing bad about their DFI.

I am not exagerating, if you know Spanish go check this forum: LINK

Good luck

PS: Posting the OCMexico link is quite an exageration, hehe but I am amazed how everyone there loves this brand :tooth:

1) I heard that the XFX has problems in SLI, something to do with flashing the bios.....So I was leaning more towards eVGA before.....What about BFG??

2) Ok, so are u saying that out of all the 7800GTX, the one that has the highest factory overclock will tend to overclock MORE beyond this?? In that case, shouldnt it be BFG 7800GTX 256MB?

3)Hmm if the UT SLI-D is the same as the UT SLI-DR, i might get the DR since it has raid.