What Amd64 Cpu Are You Using? (multiple Choice Poll)

Angry_Games

Ok, the old A64 cpu poll wasn't gonna work out, so I am making a brand new one

Everyone vote please...and remember this is a multiple choice poll so if you have more than one A64 then vote for the ones you have ;)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I think i covered all the A64 cpu types...i left an "Other" option just in case I missed one...if I have missed one, I will add it to the poll if it is a major one.

cpu's like the 939 Sempron are not in circulation and I and Rgone have one each of maybe 5 in existence heh

anyway, happy voting!

just out of curiosity when you guys bought your cpus were you going for price or performance? i see alot of 939 - Venice (512k L2, 90nm) , are these just good deals that perform fine?

... also are we aloud to ask questions in these polls? just checking.

best bang for the buck usually

and yes you can ask questions in polls ;)

3000+ venice

I regret not moving up to the 3700+ san diego. Much higher clocks, for a fair price. However, being that this CPU was under $150, I can justify overclocking it.

If I paid $450 or so for a very nice CPU, I'd feel horrible overvolting and abusing it. I don't know how people run 1.65v through $500 chips, unless their daily salary is my weekly salary. :shake:

when i start collecting for my new build i will be deffinately getting an opteron 146 cabye. heard those stepping are reaching 3.0ghz + left right and centre. fx-59 performance only without the price tag! well worth the cashed saved i think

3700+ San Diego is a healthy CPU for gaming in my opinion. Was nervous as I moved from a 3200+ Venice to the Sandy, but the Sandy clocks higher and stomps the Venice on raw power and framerates. The extra L2 cache makes a difference for me. Going to try a 146 Opteron soon and see how much higher I can go. Had my Sandy to 2.92Ghz benchable on air, 2.81GHz is prime/occt/memtest/pi 32M stable. Love the San Diego core.