267 MHz limit...

Bernie17

Hi all.

Trying to get the best oc out of this setup. I hit the wall at 2398 MHz.

9X Multi, 1.45 CPU V, 2.5-3-3-8 1T @2.9

Corrupted Anti-Virus. Had to reinstall.

What's holding me back?

Bernie

Hey Bernie,

I have the same memory has you! Relax the voltage on these, TCCD mem dont like high voltage.... was able to run my mem at 2-3-3-6 @ 250 @ 1T @ 2.5v! :nod:

So try to lower your voltage on the mem first... And what PSU r u using? 400W? What brand and what are your amps on each rails? A weak PSU can hold u back too! ;)

Good luck!

Mine hits the wall at 1.475v, at that EXACT same MHz. We must have the same stepping.

Be careful though. Mine was stable for 8 hrs at that voltage, yet couldn't fold for days on end. It wound up failing prime around 14-15 hrs with 1.45v, and 7 hrs at other times. 1.475v was 35 hrs prime stable at that speed, so I never bothered doing further testing since that is 11 hrs more than the stock speed database here requires.

You just don't have one of the earlier 3000+s that did 2.7 GHz with ease, sorry. :(

Hey Bernie,

I have the same memory has you! Relax the voltage on these, TCCD mem dont like high voltage.... was able to run my mem at 2-3-3-6 @ 250 @ 1T @ 2.5v! :nod:

So try to lower your voltage on the mem first... And what PSU r u using? 400W? What brand and what are your amps on each rails? A weak PSU can hold u back too! ;)

Good luck!

TCCD chips, 2-3-3-6 @ 250 @ 1T @ 2.5V !!!!????? that is a heXX of RAM you have..........

TCCD chips, 2-3-3-6 @ 250 @ 1T @ 2.5V !!!!????? that is a heXX of RAM you have..........

Hey It's OCZ 2x512MB Platinum EL PC3200 2-2-2-5 TCCD V1.0, was at high voltages before but the overclocking was not working fine, a friend of mine told me to relax the voltage because TCCD chip dont like high voltages... so i did and its running @ 2-3-3-6 @ 250 @ 1T @ 2.5V :P

saw a guy @ 277FSB 1:1 2.5-4-3-6 at amazingly low 2.55v...... :nod:

Hi all.

I'm currently running at 2508 MHz. Relaxed voltage and using memory divider 166.

HTT 278.5

Starting to run stability tests now. I'll let you know the results.

Thanks, Bernie

Hi Bernie!

How high chipset voltage do you have to go for at HTT278mhz+??

I have mine at 1,85v when i go HTT300-320mhz.. But at 320 i get some errors.. and it does not help with 1,95v on the chipset.... And it is not a cpu or memory problem. I can not use the 2x htt multi... i have to use the 3x..

Can you use 2x multi with your motherboard?

Hi Nisse977.

I'm currently running at 2508.4MHz - HTT - 278.7MHz

Here's all of my settings right now:

DRAM - 166 @ 3-3-3-8 1T

Multi - X9

AGP OC - 68

LTD/FSB Freq. Ratio - 3X

CPU VID Control - 1.5V

CPU Volts - +.3 = 1.6V

Chipset - 1.75

Memory - 2.7