X2 4400, need help!

GooN3r

OK I am running the following settings but seem to have hit a barrier;

10*260= 2.6Ghz stock volts

3xHT

Mem 2.5-3-3-5 @ 2.8volts.

I have tired increasing the vcore in the BIOS, but when I set it to anything between 1.4-1.5 it shows as being 1.36v both in the BIOS and using smartguardian. Any ideas or suggestions?

You have to set Special VID. For instance set Vcore to 1.350 and Special VID to 113% and that is 1.5255 and Smartguard will report as 1.47 - 1.51 as that appears to be the way software computes. Actual voltage varies gepending on load and overclock and can be measured with multimeter. Put little dependance on software reporting. I call it a guestimate and once I have a measurement I feel a little confidence in that estimate and how close to accurate it is.

Yeah, 2.6 is about where the 4400 hits that barrier. The 4200 hits about 2.7 and I thought they were going to be fantastic. I bought both and sold the Toledo first and later the Manchester.

My 4400 would hit close to 2700 but I had to go higher on the voltage and heat than I wanted for that last 100mhz. I'm happily running 100% stable at 237 x 11 with a mem divider. And I mean 100% stable, weeks now and no strangeness, no reboots, CPU idles around 30c and load is sub 50.

For me anyway, 2600 to 2700 wasn't worth the extra voltage, heat and even occasional instability.

My 4400 would hit close to 2700 but I had to go higher on the voltage and heat than I wanted for that last 100mhz. I'm happily running 100% stable at 237 x 11 with a mem divider. And I mean 100% stable, weeks now and no strangeness, no reboots, CPU idles around 30c and load is sub 50.

For me anyway, 2600 to 2700 wasn't worth the extra voltage, heat and even occasional instability.

What volts did you have to use and you can see mine are not too high, from here I have three options:

1. Keep this nice O/C (like thats gonna happen)

2. Tighten the RAM timings to 2.5-4-6-3 (thats how it appears in the BIOS 2.5-4-3-6 is how most will see it) or

3. Keep these timings and up the fsb to 275 then if it will go 280!

have to agree with LanceDiamond - the extra voltage required aint worth it for 100mhz extra - cpu gets way too hot for my liking anything above 1.5v

hence currently at [email protected] volts 120%rock solid stable 36idle 45load (watercooled mind)- need to add my stuff to the OC database when I get time.

2600Mhz on 2 cores is nothing to be laughed at - thats more powerful than any cpu currently out there - in fact - I think thats what the new FX-60 will be clocked at with its dual cores too.

have fun....