Sign in to follow this  
THE_Nemesis

HELP! Ultra-D won't fit in Sonata case?

I have an Antec Sonata case...and the DFI LP Ultra-D looks kind of BIG. Will it fit in my case??...

I have an Antec Sonata case...and the DFI LP Ultra-D looks kind of BIG. Will it fit in my case??...

The board will fit however you have a bigger problem to deal with. You have to replace the power supply that comes with the case. The PSU doesn't even come close to the minimum required for this board.

Unless of course your getting a Sonata II Case and then your in a lot better shape though I would still upgrade the PSU.

The PSU included in both version of the Sonata case versions is not recommended for the DFI nF4 motherboards.

My system actually worked absolutely stable in testing with my bone-stock Sonata. I had the later model with either 22 or 24 amp 12v rail. I was also running a single x850XT. It has the 12v available, just not the "recommended" wattage.

Edit:BTW: not only will it fit, it will fit with SLI'd 7800's, upgraded PSU, and a dual-loop h2o.:nod:

Sonata2 has a worser PSU than Sonata1. Sonata1 = TruePower 380W w/ 24A +12v rail, Sonata2 = SmartPower 450W w/ 15A +12v rail.

Anyways, I am buying a 500W Fortron AX500 BlueStorm to replace my 380W TruePower.

Sonata2 has a worser PSU than Sonata1. Sonata1 = TruePower 380W w/ 24A +12v rail, Sonata2 = SmartPower 450W w/ 15A +12v rail.

Anyways, I am buying a 500W Fortron AX500 BlueStorm to replace my 380W TruePower.

Sonata II = 15A AND 17A 12v rails (dual rail atx v2.0 power supply).

And its not enough for a nf4 motherboard? I've been running my system with that psu and a 6600GT for the past 3 months stable. Although the PSU is about to be upgraded to an ocz powerstream 520W as I'm getting a 7800GT.

I think the whole 480W PSU requirement is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my entire life, and this is coming from someone with both an extensive computer and an electrical background.