Venice E6 maxes out at 2640 on DFI SLI-D?

caebron

It seems I have hit a wall at 2640 with my 3500+ Venice (E6). Up to 11x240 I'm rock stable (Prime95 10hrs+). Next I went up to 11x250 but get a Prime95 error after ~1 1/2 hrs. I lowered my RAM HTT to run at 1/2 the CPU's HTT so it can't be that. LDT Bus transfer is set to 3x. I upped vCore to 1.550 and CPU VID Special to +110% above VID, giving me a total of 1.68v according to software monitoring apps. I also tried leaving VID at 2.4 and setting VID special to 123% (=1.68) but that didn't help either. I'm a lil weary to up the voltage even more as I read on DFI street to not raise VID above 1.65v for 90nm cores. CPU temp is 40c.

Any ideas how to get higher and stable?

Caebron, I have the exact processor e6 and guess what i hit a wall at 2700 , i can be stable at 2690 but my memory suffers

Right now i am running 2680 1.62 volts

thats it , thats all she wrote , i have tried more volts , it does no good

sorry i dont think your going to get it any higher

but i would lower that voltage because your actually over 1.7 volts with that config

i have heard of people overvolting at 1.7 on other forums

Keep in touch :)

Caebron, I have the exact processor e6 and guess what i hit a wall at 2700 , i can be stable at 2690 but my memory suffers

Right now i am running 2680 1.62 volts

thats it , thats all she wrote , i have tried more volts , it does no good

sorry i dont think your going to get it any higher

but i would lower that voltage because your actually over 1.7 volts with that config

i have heard of people overvolting at 1.7 on other forums

Keep in touch :)

Hm, that's interesting... have you tried out a lower multi and raising the FSB? That's what I thought of trying next.