Sign in to follow this  
Uplink

Zalman CNPS 9500 Led or Xp-90/Vantec Tornado

Hey guys was just wondering should i get rid of my Xp-90 for a Zalman CNPS 9500 Led i can buy it and was just wondeirng would it be better or the same ? or should i just get a fan controler and buy some wiresleeving its a hard choise

If your rear case fans align with the CPU HSF then the Zalman 9500 works well.

It will exhaust heat directly into those case fans.

I have never heard of that Zalman but everyone on these forums swears by the Xp's so if you really wanted to spend some more money I would suggest the Xp-90C or Xp-120.

I have read a few benchmarks and the Xp's always seem to up on the top of the results.

on secound thought if you really wanted to blow some cash get like a Xp-120C (if they make them) with one of them delta fans with 220 cfm.

hmm all i know is that ppl are saying that the Zalman cools somewhat as well as some watercooling systems or thats what zalman claims this Vantec fan is anoying at like 59db's i think it is its definately the loudest thing in my case but all the fan controlers i see are for 3 pin fans ..you think it would be safe to rewire the fan to a 3pin adaptor?

also i would like to cut down on wire usage so what would be the cleanest fan controler if i decided to go that path

well then agian i have 100$ to play with and i wanna do something bout this pc i just built just dunno whut lol

Just get the fan controller cause with the tornado you have better cooling than the zalman. The zalman by the reviews cools about 1C less than the thermalright with med. output fan but with the 119cfm tornado that you have you will get much better cooling than the zalman.No matter what anyone says.

The two coolers are about equal in cooling ability. The 9500 is lighter and much easier to install.
WHAT!???? :confused:

The XP-90 with a 92mm, Panaflo 48, 57 or 68CFM fan is ideal & only about $30! :nod:

The 92mm Panaflo 68CFM & 80CFM Delta cool as well as the Tornado & are much quieter!

Performance Fan Comparison on XP-90: http://www.mikhailtech.com/modules.php?nam...t&id=143&page=1

Dave ;)

WHAT!???? :confused:

The XP-90 with a 92mm, Panaflo 48, 57 or 68CFM fan is ideal & only about $30! :nod:

The 92mm Panaflo 68CFM & 80CFM Delta cool as well as the Tornado & are much quieter!

Performance Fan Comparison on XP-90: http://www.mikhailtech.com/modules.php?nam...t&id=143&page=1

Dave ;)

David I've had both and there is 1-2c cooler with the tornado but loud as hell.

Guest Dynamic

I think the XP90 that you currently own is good enough and that you won't see that much difference going from that to the 9500 LED from ZALMAN. Save your money for something else, GL!

Note: Why don't you explain to use your temps as of now in the day time and how it gets when it's at night also! I'm guessing 23-25 IDLE, and 35-40 LOAD correct? You tried overclocking?

both good coolers, but i agree, what you have is fine. if you have money to spend, you really wont notice any diff with the zalman. so, imho it would be a waste of money.

unless you really like the design and blue led, than go for the zalman.

Sign in to follow this