ocz gold bh-5/ 3.0v necessary?

PL4YD34D

hope everyone has had a nice christmas?

well, back to the business of overclocking today then. i know some of you will still have been tinkering with your systems yesterday aswell, but i took the day off!

anyway - has anyone found that the ocz gold series NEEDS 3.0v to get stable at higher clocks?

now i'm not talking about 250MHz+. i cant get stability at 225mhz without going to 2.9v and 2-3-3-8 and 235 needs 3.0v and 3-4-3-8. i think thats pretty lousy considering that i payed the £130($250) for these chips because they were supposed to achieve excellent clocks at rated volts.

if i'm thinking wrong and these timings are normal will someone shoot me down now and ill shut the heck up. but i'm slightly dissapointed. anyone got some hard and fast idea of how to get lower timings with these sticks?

Paul

They do the clock speeds they have to do, if you wont some better results you must bump the vdimm to 3,2v or more, these sticks use Winbond UTT chips wich require lots of volts to achieve there max capacity, and, don't forget to put a fan over them...

oh........ is that safe - 3.2v - that seems very high. i mean i know there rated to use up to 3v +/- 5% but 3.2 sounds like RAM toast. where do i fix a fan for cooling?

i already have an 80mm intake in the side of my case which is half over them and half over my cpu HS but ive felt these things after prime on 3.0v and there kinda warm (sarc) - v. hot.

Winbond UTT can handle up to 3,5-3,6v with no problem if U have active cooling for RAM.

My UTTbh work @ 250 1,5-2-2-4 @3,5v 24/7 and they R barely warm with 80mm fan @1500rpm

Here is the setup of fans

saventovima1qu.th.jpg

P.S. when U do the jumper mod to enable 4,0v for RAM U should active cool the mosfet too! (right fan on the picture)

My GeIL needs 3,0v for 225 1,5-2-2-5; 3,3v for 240 1,5-2-2-5

ok - just been sizing up the interior of my case and my cable layout. i reckon i can fix in a custom fan holder for an 80mm fan and bolt it to my drive caddy. its gonna be a squeeze but it can be done. i will post back with pics in a couple of days. this is gonna fly - im more excited than a small child on xmas eve. :nod:

oh yeah - will check out a bios flash too - cheers for that.