Thermaltake Armor

I just cut the alarm wire. You could use the lock I guess? Also I ran my wires down the left and right side of the bay housing. Installed a 120mm side fan, reduced temps 4c on cpu, chipset, PWMIC, but a little bit noiser.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using a modified armor, and with the DFI motherboard, i just removed that alarm. My previous gigabyte nforce3 board had a connection for it but no luck on the dfi, just one less group of cables for me to worry about hiding. I also removed the speaker and def agree about running everything you can behind the motherboard tray or so. I am not quite to the point of modding my psu wires, but they are going behind as well. Definitely a great case for room, and for airflo. Has anyone seen the optional side panel with built in 25cm fan? If so, do you know where you can get it?

I had to cut out a strip of metal on my armor and I cut a hole in the side ( plexi ) and put a 120 mm there. I bought the hdd expansion bay the matches the two colored fans the switched the back with the side. It looks nice. ;P try it.

As I recall, it took me a little bit of effort to fit an OCZ Powerstream 520 in it. Does fit fine though and there are no problems with the fans moving air.

no it's the pain in the butt to put the OCZ Powerstream 600 watt in there i have the same case black model with side window

the only wway to install it is remove the USB/ audio on it

I am using a modified armor, and with the DFI motherboard, i just removed that alarm. My previous gigabyte nforce3 board had a connection for it but no luck on the dfi, just one less group of cables for me to worry about hiding. I also removed the speaker and def agree about running everything you can behind the motherboard tray or so. I am not quite to the point of modding my psu wires, but they are going behind as well. Definitely a great case for room, and for airflo. Has anyone seen the optional side panel with built in 25cm fan? If so, do you know where you can get it?
The side panal w/fan is not on the street yet (I e-mailed them, 2-3 weeks and they will ship them out.) You can also get another HDD bay w/fan from xoxide.com( or you could mount two 120mm fans together with 4x6" copper tubing and slide it into the 3 bottom bay ( not counting the tray ) that will blow right at the chipset and v-card.

dsc002049ag.jpg

I have a Kandalf with my Intel rig in it. The larger PSU's are a bitt of a struggle, but will fit. As stated above, you may have to sacrifice the top 92mm fan. Currently running a Sintek 500W, and the voltage controlknobs interfered with the top fan. I just removed the switch and wire for the intrusion alarm, since I wouldn't use it even if my mobo supported it. Great case!

yea i love the case as well just hard to figure where to hide all the wires
Do you see that 3" wide space between the mobo and drive bays, and do you see the extra threaded holes for the mobo mounts? just screw on some mobo stand-offs in the extra holes, then screw cable clamps on top of that. Now you will be able to run/clamp your wires along the 3" space.:)

Heh well I had to do my first mod to fit my new 7900gtx I had to pull that purple and green PCI holders out it wouldent fit any other ways.

can you give us a pic of the subject in question? note: some one may have this same issue in the future if they buy the same card/case. also you have perked my intrest in the card.