Anybody with a DFI LP ULTRA D help me!

Hi guys..

I'm having a problem with getting my Maxtor SATA II to run. The system hangs when I put the HDD in 3 Gbps. When I put the jumper to 1.5 Gbps, its fine.

I have posted a question about this before, but nobody seem to answer. Anyway my BIOS says 6/23. And when I checked the website that is the latest.

Can anybosy tell me about their BIOS. I'm not a expert in comp hard, so please excuse me.

My BIOS doesnt have a Serial-ATA 1/2 option as shown in the manual. Also the bios shows ( I mean when computer starts and shows the info, before showing the IRQ stuff), my HDD as Serial ATA - Maxtor 6V#### LBA,ATA133.

Anyway, can anybody with a DFI LP U-D tell me if they have a option calles Serial- ATA in BIOS->INTEGRATED PERIPHERELS->IDE FUNCTIONS !

Please answer me guys. I'm sorry for my amerturishness.

Thanks a bunch.

If I'm not mistaken? The Ultra-D is not SATA 2 capable straight out of the Box... You have to Mod it to work.

The Ultra D is S-ATA 2.0 capable. It's only the NForce 4x which needs to be modded.

It is possible the Maxtor drives need a firmware update.

PLease guys...

Can anybody with a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D mobo tell me if they have the following option in their BIOS.

INTEGRATED PERIPHERELS->IDE FUNCTIONS->Serial ATA (or somethin like SATA).

PLease tell me guys.. Because my mobo doesnt have it....

Thanks a lot fellows..!

Madu.. :-(

halooo...

im very noob here...

is the chipset temperature on the ultra-d suppose to be above 50'c

mine is constantly above 50?? is it normal??

wrong thread buddy....

This is a good question, im about to get an SATA-II drive and it wouldnt be cool if it didnt work!!

PLease guys...

Can anybody with a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D mobo tell me if they have the following option in their BIOS.

INTEGRATED PERIPHERELS->IDE FUNCTIONS->Serial ATA (or somethin like SATA).

PLease tell me guys.. Because my mobo doesnt have it....

Thanks a lot fellows..!

Madu.. :-(

It is not in the INTEGRATED PERIPHERELS any more, it is in the GENIE BIOS SETTING, in the mid/bottom section.

Have you ever tried to look thought all you BIOS setting? jus tfew minutes work, really.