DFI NF4-DAGF/Infinity Bios mod

Wrong. That board IS intended for overclocking and 3.2v is good enough for almost any memory type, except those VX ones.

Answering your question tortie, I don't think there are any bios mod out there. I haven't found none yet.

Anyway, I don't think a simply bios mod would "unlock" higher voltages, I think a vdimm hard mod would be required.

Wrong. That board IS intended for overclocking and 3.2v is good enough for almost any memory type, except those VX ones.

Answering your question tortie, I don't think there are any bios mod out there. I haven't found none yet.

Anyway, I don't think a simply bios mod would "unlock" higher voltages, I think a vdimm hard mod would be required.

Hi. Thanks for the reply :) Im leaning mostly on going with the Infinity and Opteron combo and I currently have these VX Ram so I just wanted to make sure before buying it. Im hoping someone would do a 3.3v+ BIOS mod for the Infinity in the near future though, just like what they did with the NF3 UT.

10x264 - rock solid on a venice 3200. Patriot xblk (TCDD) on 9:10 divider however with the 8/11 bios I cannot change the fan controls like I do in ultra-d. Hope that if someone mods the bios he/she puts that option into the plate...

the bios does already allow 3.2v's Thasp.

It allows it but does it provide it?

Try it, it'll give you 2.8v unless you run it for a while, then it goes up to 3.2v. Then it goes back down again after a while, without notice, so that in the middle of a game it crashes since your ddr 482 2-3-2-6 winbond utt mem went down to 2.89v.

Has happened with two different DAGFs and two different PSUs. Since 2.8v is AMD's max recommended voltage for DDR memory on the socket 939 platform, I'm guessing it's some sort of platform restriction unless you get a booster or have a motherboard with jumper switchers like the lanparty, so I doubt it's just the two that I used that were "broken".